1. We have added the ability to collapse/expand forum categories and widgets on forum home.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Photobucket has changed its policy concerning hotlinking images and now requires an account with a $399.00 annual fee to allow hotlink. More information is available at: this link.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. All Civ avatars are brought back and available for selection in the Avatar Gallery! There are 945 avatars total.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. To make the site more secure, we have installed SSL certificates and enabled HTTPS for both the main site and forums.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Civ6 is released! Order now! (Amazon US | Amazon UK | Amazon CA | Amazon DE | Amazon FR)
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Dismiss Notice
  7. Forum account upgrades are available for ad-free browsing.
    Dismiss Notice

Thing I learned about the world thru Civ4

Discussion in 'Civ4 - General Discussions' started by Skallagrimson, Jun 28, 2011.

1. Civ'ed

Civ'ed I ain't gotta explain a thing

273. in the future everyone will be happy and immortal.

2. Skallagrimson

Skallagrimson Chieftain

274. The only way you can build an armored car is if you also know how to build robots.

3. Civ'ed

Civ'ed I ain't gotta explain a thing

this actually makes sense, seeing the immensely tough job of putting the armor onto the car.

4. jtb1127

jtb1127 Chieftain

{deleted}

5. Derrick CB

Derrick CB Chieftain

275. It is faster to build an aircraft carrier than a tank.

6. bestrfcplayer

bestrfcplayer Steppin' up!

276. It took hundreds of years to build a library.

7. theskibum

theskibum Brewer of Oatmeal Stout

You do know that dinosaurs were alive during the B.C.'s, they just went by the name "Jesus Horses"

8. elohssa

elohssa Chieftain

277. People in the old days were much slower than people now. A person would require 30 years in the ancient era to travel the same distance as a person in the modern era can travel in 1 year.

9. geowzrd

geowzrd Chieftain

278. Steel was not needed to build the Eiffel Tower but radio and a forge was.

279. Likewise Broadway did not need the knowledge of drama and music to produce all those hit musicals, it only needed electricity to run all those advertising signs.

10. SamSniped

SamSniped C O M R A D E W A V E

I'm sorry about that, and I will remove that right away.

280. Antarctica was never discovered, since the only way to get through icebergs is with a submarine. Because of this, no one made it to the North Pole yet. Also, Antarctica only has 3 ice tiles all across the bottom of the Globe.

11. Lemon Merchant

Lemon Merchant Smarticus Pantsidae

Wonderful.

And if no one has said it yet, welcome to CFC. :)

12. jtb1127

jtb1127 Chieftain

281. All settlers are atheists or pagans

13. nfw

nfw Chieftain

China and Ancient Egypt can't exchange technical knowledge because their languages are written without alphabets.

14. almughavar

almughavar Communist commissar

283. All cities of a nation must have the same research/commercial/culture/espisode rate.

15. oldskald

oldskald Chieftain

284. Apparently there's a button somewhere with a big question mark on it. By pressing it all the knowledge of how the world works will become available. "Worldopedia"... I wonder where the button is...

16. SamSniped

SamSniped C O M R A D E W A V E

285. Transport boats that look like the ones that landed on the beaches of Normandy June 6th 1944 (if you don't know what I'm talking about, google D-Day or June 6th 1944) can carry four Modern Armor, Mechanized Infantry, or Gunship units, yet carriers can oly carry 3 fighters or Jet fighters. Unless I am mistaken, a landing boat could barely fit a tank, and those were the larger ones...

@ Lemon Merchant- Thank you, no one has said that to me yet.

17. Ambidexter

Ambidexter Edjumacated Idjit

286. Spies automatically get a sex change as soon as their civilization becomes industrialized.

287. It can take a spy several years to travel to a distant city but they can return to their country's capital city (and only to their capital city) immediately

18. God-Emperor

God-Emperor Chieftain

Actually, the Egyptian hieroglyphics are mostly alphabetic in nature. It's just a more complex system - some represent 1 letter, some 2, and some 3 and, like other alphabetic systems of the general era and region, they leave out most of the vowel sounds. And they can also represent literally the thing they depict, but that is generally done by adding a mark that indicates that that is what it being done (the owl symbol with a determinative mark means "owl, without it it is the letter "m").

19. Strikercups

Strikercups Chieftain

288. the Dutch are rich but they're too greedy to give you anything :crazyeye:

20. Skallagrimson

Skallagrimson Chieftain

289. All nations of the world are eager to found cities in the polar ice caps.