Things I Desperately Wish Women Would Say to Me On First Dates

"My banana for your crabs? No deal!"
"I'm sorry, my spaceship doesn't always launch this early..."
"Darling, will you do me the honour of being my vassal?"

*gigglefest* hubby got civ2 when we were dating. he had promised to watch the oscars with me the day after he got it, since it's far more fun with someone to make catty comments about the outfits to. well, i heard "one more turn" for about two hours.

later he got me hooked on civ2. i understood "one more turn" syndrome. then i got way more addicted to civ2/smac/civ4 than he did!

i did go on to marry him, and we had our 11th anniversary this year. but yes i'm still a touch bitter about that oscar night *giggle*

as far as my experience proves, well, definitely steer clear of the "permanent alliance" line on the first date. because if she's hooked on civ, chances are her house won't be real clean. and yours won't be either. and if you move in together, well, things may not get any better! i swear my house would be eleventy-thousand times neater if i'd never heard of sid meier.

I do believe that is the first time someone has admitted they've married somebody with full knowledge that they played Civ! :D

you crack me up! :p i hardly think we'd have been happily married this long if we didn't know each others faults beforehand! if he'd presented only his good side and i'd not seen his faults until after the papers were signed, well, that wouldn't have been fair and chances are it wouldn't have lasted this long.

i of course did not have any faults to show. *insert angel with a rusty halo smilie here*. the messy house thing doesn't really count, since it doesn't bother him. and he likes to cook so he doesn't care that i don't know how to even boil an egg without referencing a cookbook. lucky me! :)

my dad started on civ2 also, and is still hooked-ish (galciv2 atm). he wasn't at that time tho. i wonder if it's in my blood and i just didn't know it back then? i mean clearly mom has a high hubby-civ-playing tolerance *giggle*.

"Let's overlap BFC's"

"I've never met anyone with cover, drill and pinch. That will synergize great with my blitz."

"My peaks are impassable." ":eek:"

-i chopped all my forest
-i have a beaver ressource, wanna see it?
-my fur give +1 happiness

thing i don't want to hear: i've settle on 16 different landmass
(annoyed) you should consider switching to...(insert religion)
i don't care if your volcano eruption destroy my improvement, i just dont want it in my hairs

"you better dominate me, before the rocket launches"

"only way I'll only trade for your banana, if I get the wine too"

"What do we need to make this deal work: 20 gold per turn for crabs"

"You're military is huge! Do what you want with me"

"Can I make your house my Forbidden Palace?"
:help:

"You can bomb my city with your tactical nuke but you'll have to clean up the mess"

How about my furs for your gems? :)

i swear my house would be eleventy-thousand times neater if i'd never heard of sid meier.
Oh how i can relate. My husband NEVER touches a video game. He doesn't say anything, but i know he can't understand my addiction. I try not to play during the day, but sometimes I do. I wonder if when he comes home from work and not much has been done around here, he thinks "must have been playing civ again."

Teach me Rocketry.

What's the tech that reveals Uranium?

Top Bottom