1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Things I dont understand...

Discussion in 'Civ4 - General Discussions' started by Incubuz, Nov 12, 2005.

1. Incubuz

Incubuz Chieftain

A small list...

People who believe minimum req. is enough to run the game good. (Very few games where this is actually true)

People who complain about the new "editor". With xml and .py you can do much more than before.

Why didnt they include, an easy rightclick menu ala Civ3?? Didnt the beta testers mention this to Firaxis?

The AWFUL multiplayer interface, I mean COME ON! Even battle.net 7-8 years ago worked better. I mean how can this happend? (I'm clueless)

People who blame Take2, Gamespy etc. and not Firaxis.

Why oh why did they need a modified dx9? (Seems like it only created more problems...seems)

Can someone please explain this to me, why does civ use more juice than Hl2 or Warcraft3? Does CivIV really use so much more information than non tbs game?

I wish I could interview Firaxis ^^

2. Civrules

Civrules We the People

There is a right-click menu.
    Enable it in your options menu. ;)

3. AER

AER Chieftain

Civ IV has a higher polycount, more detailed textures, and more animations. There is MUCH more detail on the screen at any one time.

Also, I am pretty sure that the game keeps processing the previous turns after your turn starts, which is kind of weird, and probably contributes to the appearance of slowdowns.

4. Incubuz

Incubuz Chieftain

Knew that, its not exactly really usefull though.

Lets just say there is ALOT more detail, polycount etc. than in HL2, why didnt they make it so you could switch to dx7 or dx8, like in HL2, and get a smoother experience (though not so pretty)?

Ahh well back to gaming ;)