1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Things in your Civ 5 games that make you laugh

Discussion in 'Civ5 - General Discussions' started by AcetyleneLamp, Mar 31, 2015.

1. AcetyleneLamp

AcetyleneLamp Chieftain

What are some examples of the wacky alt-history scenarios in your Civ 5 games that make you laugh?

In my current game, I'm playing as Egypt and my national epic is Lady Chatterley's Lover by D. H. Lawrence. :D

2. Biologist

Biologist Researcher

Whenever England gets the Portrait of George Washington as a Great Work.

3. Myth and Legend

Myth and Legend Chieftain

When I fill my museums with barbarian and city states beads and somehow that generates as much tourism as the Sistine Chapel with great works of art.

4. BARBEERIAN

BARBEERIAN Chieftain

How one of the fathers of American democracy always picks communism or fascism as his ideology.

5. Sharples

Sharples Chieftain

When Ghandi goes Freedom.

Because the community considers Ghandi going that is too rare. :mischief:

6. slyone14

slyone14 Chieftain

For me, its an old topic, but i still laugh everytime Ghandi nukes someone more than once. Also, when someone like Songhai or Iroquios win a science victory.

7. reddishrecue

reddishrecue Chieftain

I guess some jokes were usually funny... i guess its funny when you get a nau with María and Portugal and you take away enemy cargo ships by asking them to give you all your valuables and abandon your ship now.

8. AcetyleneLamp

AcetyleneLamp Chieftain

There was also the game where I played as Carthage and dropped a surprise A-bomb on Moscow that was made with uranium Catherine the Great gave me in a deal, which she later did again after we made peace and became friendly again surprisingly quickly. Not too smart there Cathy... :p

I haven't done it yet, but I imagine conquering America while playing as one of the American Indian civs (or one of the Mesoamerican civs conquering Spain) would be rather piquant.

On a semi-related note, I have fun imagining the Civ version of George Washington making this the national anthem:

Spoiler :

Moderator Action: Youtube video wrapped in Spoilers.

9. AcetyleneLamp

AcetyleneLamp Chieftain

I have fun imagining something like this being the national anthem for India under Civ Gandhi:

Thundercleese - War is my profession [The Brak Show]

http://vk.com/video158265425_168505034

10. Nick31

Nick31 Chieftain

A recent example:

AI declares war on me and takes a worker from a CS ally. As I proceed to then invade and counter attack, I take the worker with a knight (free him for the 45 influence) and then promptly have him retaken. This happens, oh five times? And really, it wasn't even planned on my part. 225 Influence later... I'm not losing that cultural city state.

11. Xepthrichros

Xepthrichros Chieftain

I take a Celtic city, and then her capital. Everyone dislikes my warmongering and denounces me.
    The Zulus take advantage of the weakened Celts and eliminate them from the game.
    Everyone denounces Shaka for warmongering.
    I declare war on Shaka to liberate the Celts and let them have one city.
    She asks me for friendship. And I become friends with half the world again.

Ahh how I love the AI logic at times ^.^

12. dasaard200

dasaard200 Chieftain

A while back, a small 6 unit French force bounced off my border, followed by a settler; Napy founded Troyes, and DW'd me. 3 turns later, the Swedes fell upon the French, before I could muster a reaction group, the Swedes killed Napy's Capital, Troyes . So much for the strutting frog .

13. Sedwick

Sedwick Parent, then Civ'er

It can't be too hard to make those imaginary national anthems their leader music!

14. Gamecrazed

Gamecrazed Chieftain

Once, while fighting Pocatello as Washington, i got a great work that was native americans fighting the whites on horses

15. FaohKi

FaohKi Guard of the East

While I was playing as Huns (or Mongols) I've got a notification which says; "Vatican wants Tengriism" :D

16. MortalFlame9

MortalFlame9 Chieftain

I was playing Iroquois against America once. I got General Patton and he got Geronimo. Led to a hilarious (and strategic) showdown.

17. Primacide

Primacide Settler

I know it's such toilet humor, but every time I open Gaja Mada (Indonesia) diplo screen, he hits me with, "faaaagck you". I chuckle every time. So sad.

18. lockandload

lockandload Chieftain

Went to an early war with a civ and three times it tried to march settlers through my city.

19. reddishrecue

reddishrecue Chieftain

I'm about to settle with a settler and then the ai declares war and tries to steal my settler with a scout. I end up chasing the AI scout and finally get to recover my scout. The funny part was when the scout failed to run away and got killed by some local barbarians.

20. stormtrooper412

stormtrooper412 Peacemongering Turtlesaur

Not a joke per se but always fun to see everyone on the map scared off their horses when they see nukes getting stacked in my cities. Even the guys who denounced me offer DoFs the very next turn