Things we'd like to see in future versions

However, amongst the stupid things the AI will do are:
- resettle in exactly the same place a few turns after their cities have been razed.
- bring caravels in at exactly the same place where the previous ten were sunk

Their maps should show "Here Be Monsters."

- bring caravels in at exactly the same place where the previous ten were sunk

Their maps should show "Here Be Monsters."

Actually, I thought that pointad be addressed. The official patch lists something like a new random ship spawning point after a nation has zero ships. Dunnit?

Cheers, --- Wheldrake

Changes I would like to see for 1.09

- Improved AI that grows the size of its cities, expands with more new cities, fields privateers and frigates and is a challenge. Maybe a production bonus for the AI cities is easier to implement without recoding the AI routine. Obviously a bigger production bonus at higher difficulties. Something like a new colonist at 100 food instead of 200 food at the highest difficulty. Or farmers produce more food per turn at higher difficulties. We need an AI to challenge us at the highest difficulty.

- reduce time for criminals, natives and indentured to become free colonists as they can't do a lot of the things that they could do before like dragoons or go to school. Or allow them to go to school and learn albeit slowly. A bad run at the docks can clog your cities badly atm.

- if you have a big country it takes a long long time to get to 50% rebel even with 3 statesmen + newspapers in each city. If a new colonist is produced (from 200 food) at a city it could inherit some percentage of that colonies rebel attitude. A city at 60% might produce a colonist at say 30% instead of always 0% as it is now. No problem with colonists from Europe arriving at 0%.

- when a colonist at 100% rebellion trains to veteran soldier it turns back to 0% rebellion. Im not sure if this is true for other vocations as well. This really slows down rebel sentiment if you have 3 students in university.

- slow down education speed. Turning out statesmen from colonists in 2 turns (even with no founding father help) is too fast. Farming, fishing etc can be fast but higher professions need to take longer. 4 year univesity degrees have been around for a long time. 4 years = 6 turns I believe.

- do cannons and ships in harbor really need to accrue rebel sentiment as part of getting the 50%? Late in the game when you are producing a lot of cannons prior to declaring revolution your rebel sentiment can actually drop consistently each turn.

- at higher difficulties maybe rebel sentiment needs to be higher than 50% to revolt. maybe something like 67% at the highest difficulty

if you read throughout the posts for 1.08 issues and 1.09 changes you would see that most of your RS suggestion are counted as bugged and suppossed to be fixed asap..

But this isn't for their first ship/colony, it is for later colonies.

not sure there tho but i think its impossible to code this. goes the same way for players.
the point whereas your ship return to new world is the point where the ships left for europe. a workarround would be eventually if the AI fields a frigate after the 2nd or 3rd caravell....

wouldnt really help a bit if there is some random spawn point and your SoL camps the only town of the enemy just adding further travel time if it starts at the other part of the world through random..

I just posted this in read me first forum in response to another poster there, but it's more appropriate here:

I always wanted a system where the king would start out at 'Pleased' relations with you, but as you grew in wealth his relations would sour and he would start demanding gold and raising taxes ("The crown wants a share of the New World's wealth" diplo penalty). Of course, if the king decided to declare war on another power and he instructed you to fight as well, you could gain a mutual struggle bonus that would permanently restore some of the king's confidence in your colony.

Basically, something more dynamic than the base system of Cautious -> Furious as you refuse his demands. I haven't gotten to play too much with the "REF" relief by acceding to the king's demands, as a disclaimer. If you think the game's diplo with the king is satisfactory with this addition, don't mind me.

Top Bottom