This ad from the Center for Reproductive Rights...

I'm not sure what you mean

Is there really a big difference between people who think they are right and people who think they have rights? It seems to me that both groups are crazy.

I saved a mouse yesterday.

The little critter was stuck in the middle of a busy road hiding behind a sign post. I ran over there, picked it up ran back and put it next to the side of the road.

I hope it was the side he wanted to go to.

He squeaked at me, either to say: "You bastard! Now I have to cross the road again!" or "Thanks mate, can you pick me up again in an hour".

Why am I telling you this? Well, because I saved an innocent life yesterday. I rock :)

But how do you know you saved it? Perhaps you've interferred with its fate to such an extent that you've shortened its life.

There's all sort of possibilites here and no way to tell which is which.

By moving it, it may get run over now where previously it wouldn't have. It could have got lucky and crossed the road unaided.

It may have died from heart failure from the shock of being picked up in a big hairy hand.

It may actually be a Hitler mouse and now go on to rule the world.

What have you done, Ziggy?

You've literally done more to save life than anyone in this thread.

Are you talking about animals or something else?

Something else. Since when has any other species complained they are not being treated right? Is it noble to treat another more fair than one's own species?

Wait, Sanger wanted to "destroy the African-American population"? I know she had some screwy views on race, but that seems to be overstating it more than a bit.

Not really. http://en.wikiquote.org/wiki/Margaret_Sanger
We should hire three or four colored ministers, preferably with social-service backgrounds, and with engaging personalities. The most successful educational approach to the Negro is through a religious appeal. And we do not want word to go out that we want to exterminate the Negro population, and the minister is the man who can straighten out that idea if it ever occurs to any of their more rebellious members.
This quote is from a letter written about "The Negro Project"
Eugenics is … the most adequate and thorough avenue to the solution of racial, political and social problems.

Something else. Since when has any other species complained they are not being treated right? Is it noble to treat another more fair than one's own species?
Whoa! You kick a donkey, you'll hear it complain you're not treating it fairly.

Not really. http://en.wikiquote.org/wiki/Margaret_Sanger

This quote is from a letter written about "The Negro Project"
Not seeing it, m'fraid. I guess maybe "we do not want word to go out that we want to exterminate the Negro population" could be taken as "tell no-vun about ze ee-veel plan", but I think you have to be looking for that to find it. Is there some detail I'm missing that you could maybe unravel for me?

Birth control is the first important step woman must take toward the goal of her freedom. It is the first step she must take to be man’s equal. It is the first step they must both take toward human emancipation.
- Sanger

"We should hire three or four colored ministers, preferably with social-service backgrounds, and with engaging personalities. The most successful educational approach to the Negro is through a religious appeal. And we do not want word to go out that we want to exterminate the Negro population, and the minister is the man who can straighten out that idea if it ever occurs to any of their more rebellious members."
It would appear that basic education and rational discussion worked far better to calm hysterical fear mongering back then than it does now.

But how do you know you saved it? Perhaps you've interferred with its fate to such an extent that you've shortened its life.

There's all sort of possibilites here and no way to tell which is which.

By moving it, it may get run over now where previously it wouldn't have. It could have got lucky and crossed the road unaided.

It may have died from heart failure from the shock of being picked up in a big hairy hand.

It may actually be a Hitler mouse and now go on to rule the world.

What have you done, Ziggy?
You are so right. I am too boastful. You have humbled me.

I will retract my claim and state that I increased the probability that I extended it's lifespan.

One thing though, I was wearing gloves so those would have been the hairiest hands it has ever laid it's eyes on. Imagine the stories it's telling it's relatives now.

Ok, so maybe he's shouting it to it's relatives across the road.

Birth control is the first important step woman must take toward the goal of her freedom. It is the first step she must take to be man’s equal. It is the first step they must both take toward human emancipation.
- Sanger
Somehow I don't think that's going to swing it with our two Papist chums.

So freedom, equality and emancipation are not part of the Papist dream?

Not if you're a child.

Who he? Franco?

edit: it is indeed. Francisco Franco himself. He of the unimaginative name.

Top Bottom