This game is bad and you should feel bad for buying it

Adaptation is almost always the easy way...

The alternative is to stagnate and become irrelevant.

Civ IV, V, and VI are all very different in a number of important ways. This allows for different game play and keeps the games fresh... at least for those who don't mind adjusting to new concepts and mechanics.

Some can not get over the introduction of concepts like 1UPT or different economic systems. Their loss. :/

Yes i regret it now. I didn't pre-order it but i bought the game full price because all my friends are playing it. -_- Now everyone seems to complain, haha at least we complain together.

Yes i regret it now. I didn't pre-order it but i bought the game full price because all my friends are playing it. -_- Now everyone seems to complain, haha at least we complain together.

There are already mods that cover Ai improvements, map size, tech progression speeds, more techs/units, improving unique improvements, district costs, balancing coast/ocean tiles, etc. The only issue I have not seen resolved thus far is the escalating costs of settlers on Giant and Ludicrous sized maps.

Preordered digital deluxe (at a 20% discount!) and have already played over 80 hours. I knew pretty much exactly what I was getting. Firaxis deserves a ton of credit for being very open and transparent about the game with the previews and let's plays. If you feel bad about buying the game it's YOUR FAULT for not doing your research. The information was out there, easily accessible AND shared by the devs.

There are problems...some of them pretty big. That can be true while I simultaneously have an absolute blast playing it. And I've already started modding, which I spent more time doing in Civ V than actually playing.

I've already gotten my money's worth and am a fully satisfied customer with the game as is. When improvement patches come I will be thrilled and just play more.

If you feel bad about buying the game it's YOUR FAULT for not doing your research. The information was out there, easily accessible AND shared by the devs.

Yeah it's my fault. I thought AAA companies were selling finished versions of their games. How stupid I am.

The fanboyism is strong in this thread . Nobody can give a serious answer to the OP even if his initial post is pragmatic (will the brain dead part wasn't appropriate). It's a shame for civ 5-6 when we see what can be done with civ 3-4 or civ call to power 1-2.

The fanboyism is strong in this thread . Nobody can give a serious answer to the OP even if his initial post is pragmatic (will the brain dead part wasn't appropriate). It's a shame for civ 5-6 when we see what can be done with civ 3-4 or civ call to power 1-2.

Welcome to the forums Agathors.
Anyways, nobody gives a serius answer (replying argument I understand you meant) to the OP due to the fundamental dichotomy in place here: people wholeheartedly believe it is ok to get such a desperatedly patch & rehaul needing program; Other people crave for a somehow finished game, with some amendments to follow, sure.

I stopped playing for now, but I like the game. It is fun just needs some fixes.

Lol.

The game has issues. But anyone who has been with the Civ series for a while knows that mods can fix most of these issues.

I wouldn't call myself a fanboy. I am simply someone who has been around long enough to know what a truly bad release looks like, and resourceful enough to use the tools available (mods) to address any issues that negatively effect my gameplay.

Kinda agree with the OP this is a 39.99 game and that's stretching it. It is in no way worth 60, glad I only paid 10$ for it.

I don't mind so long as the bugs are fixed in a reasonable time. I feel like paying extra to be a post beta tester isn't quite right though. Firaxis have got a good reputation for polishing their games very well, albeit perhaps a couple of dlc/expansions down the track. Overall though counting the cost of the expansions and the original game I'm quite happy with where the last two civ games have finished.

Civ6 is NOT worth paying for at full price right now!

I'm rather busy with work and other commitments, but I am sure I have at least 30 hours of play time racked up in Civ VI. At $2/hour, that is relatively cheap entertainment. By the time I am done with Civ VI, I will likely have racked up a couple thousand hours played.

That, to me, is definitely worth $60 dollars.

Bonus: My financial contribution (along with that of the others fine folk who pre-ordered) helps sustain Firaxis' business model, ensuring that they continue to view the Civilization series as a sound investment, and continue to produce more of these games in the future.

I'm rather busy with work and other commitments, but I am sure I have at least 30 hours of play time racked up in Civ VI. At $2/hour, that is relatively cheap entertainment. By the time I am done with Civ VI, I will likely have racked up a couple thousand hours played.

That, to me, is definitely worth $60 dollars.

Bonus: My financial contribution (along with that of the others fine folk who pre-ordered) helps sustain Firaxis' business model, ensuring that they continue to view the Civilization series as a sound investment, and continue to produce more of these games in the future.

That's $2 per hour of a hopelessly broken game.

Yadda yadda. Civ games have always have a lot of replayability, but it's always the same basic game you're playing.

So does a board game. Doesn't mean you'd buy a board game for $1000 and find that it's missing half the cards or the rules are gibberish. There just isn't any excuse for Firaxis' level of sloppiness. They could have got any one of us to come in and test the shoogle out of the game for a week and provide them with a huge long list of defects.

Top Bottom