1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

This game is great, and you should feel great for buying it!

Discussion in 'Civ6 - General Discussions' started by Skybird, Nov 11, 2016.

1. Skybird

Skybird Chieftain

Well it's happened - after owning the game for three or so weeks, I'm damn well hooked. I think about Phillip II and his annoying pantaloons while I am at work. I consider strategies for my inquisitors to heal via carefully placed holy sites and I spend way too long pondering the best placement of new cities. Even the bugs, once you know what to look for, are not deal-breaking.

I think the obvious one...more...turn is still true, but the one...more...district is a close second. :xmas: See - even my emoticons are all mixed up because I'm distracted thinking about how to wipe the smirk off the face of Mvemba! And don't even get me started on the need for Cleopatra to feel the wrath of my armies. Ok, my four archers. Alright, yes, one of them has only 1hp left but he's still smiling!

The point is, personally, it has once again dragged me deep into the fantastic and fantastical world of building an empire to stand...erm...survive for a while. :thumbsup:

So yes, if you are enjoying the game, warts and all, you should feel great - it takes real imagination and creativity to keep these legacy games fresh and new, with different perspectives and new ideals - and I feel good supporting those who have the ideas so they can make MORE! :smug:

2. Dark_Jedi06

Dark_Jedi06 "Deus ex Machina."

I'm at work myself right now and I've had thoughts about my current game as Gandhi and where to go next, I had to pull myself away from it last night as the hours started slipping away and I knew I needed to get some sleep.

Also, to your point about Mvemba...if he's nearby in the early game, my first priority is always to get rid of him so he doesn't steal all my Great Merchants. :sad:

This is a great game that's only going to get better and I look forward to being along for the ride. :)

whyidie likes this.
  3. Dash Rendar

Dash Rendar Chieftain

I can't stop thinking about all the districts I'm going to make with my Hansa zones!!

4. stiiknafuulia

stiiknafuulia King

I feel you, op. I misplaced my industrial district today and could not build the Ruhr Valley in a Petra city with 9 desert hills... Wondering if I should just restart the same the map in order to get it right. :crazyeye:

MisterBoomBoom likes this.
  5. Brutus2

Brutus2 Prince

Agreed. I have nearly 2000 hours played in Civ5 but as much as I loved it, I can't imagine going back now. As I get close to victory im already thinking about my next game. I bring my laptop to work so I can play during my lunch break and I feel like a zombie from the lack of sleep but well worth it.

My favorite thing about civilization has always been the never ending replay value. You never beat or finish the game. One game just rolls into the next and this does have the "one more turn" feeling.

Estelil and whyidie like this.
  6. dwarfling

dwarfling Chieftain

After I finished my 6th or so game I moved to other games. Doesn't feel like the AI can beat me in Deity, so I find myself out of motivation to start more games. Thus I put Civ6 on hold until a patch is released.

whyidie likes this.
  7. DemonMaster

DemonMaster A.K.A. Fenhorn

I agree. I got 2117 hours with Civ 5 and have so far 107 hours with Civ 6. A number that surely will rise. Sure the game will benefit from a balance patch. Some minor tweaks or so, but overall, very good.
    I'm currently testing out Maddjinns mod. A small little mod that tweaks the tech tree a little bit. The simplicity of that mod (that really helps regarding AI upgrading units) gives me high hope for the future for this game.

Ferocitus, PeterChu and whyidie like this.
  8. TheXMassTeam

TheXMassTeam Chieftain

I know someone who need a big hu... wait a minute ...
    There is a rule against positive thread, isn't it? ;p

whyidie likes this.
  9. OranHarken

OranHarken Warlord

Here is something positive. Recently I started a Continents New Arid Low Sea Sparse Legendary map and finally found a world generation combo I think plays well with both attractive to city build on and tactically interesting terrain as Peter. Gilgamesh was my neighbour and it took him almost 100 turns to betray me in spite of me giving him coffee and salt and a trade route. Oh how I love building encampments in mountain passes on New age world's with their numerous heavy mountain chains.

whyidie likes this.
  10. Europa Victrix

Europa Victrix Chieftain

It's funny how the back and forth between fans and detractors happens every. time. with an AAA title.
    Do people just not learn or at least become jaded?

11. Balkans

Balkans Warlord

I honestly didn't like civ 5, and although i played it on high level and knew it pretty good, i never got rid of nasty feeling that it was bland and flat.
    But civ vi, it makes me feel nice and happy, :).
    In spite of all the not so polished and annoying stuff i simply love it. I enjoyed it unhealthy number of hours already and the good outweighs the bad, at least for me. I get tingly sensation just thinking about how good it will be after some face lifts and expansions.

Ferocitus, ERMTony and whyidie like this.