This game is sooooo vast...

Thanks!

-What about Earth?
-I like America/Iroquis/Shoe/Greece/Denmark....would you recommend any of the or any to avoid?

Shoshone are good. Greece too. Avoid the 3 others they are considered some of the worst civs, by me and a lot of people.

I don't like earth map, preffer continent if you like civs to be separated by seas.

1600 hours in, and I'm still learning new stuff. Like how you can sell the buildings in cities that you're razing to get more gold. Or how only ocean tiles that are 3 or fewer tiles from land will display hex yields (makes navigation easier). Or how right-clicking on a World Congress resolution's up/down arrow will commit all of your delegates to that resolution (no more clicking 20 times!).

11,202 hours played and I never knew that. Thank you.

11,202 hours played and I never knew that. Thank you.

11,202 hours?

Well... at 24 hours per day that means... no... wait... you need to sleep. At 16 hours a day that means... no... wait... you'll be needing the toilet occasionally. Let's be ultra conservative and suggest 15 hours per day...

That's 746.8 days of playing... or 2.0460 years of continuous daily playing, stopping to only sleep and snack/toilet... without washing or anything.

But the game's been out for near-on exactly 4 years, so let's halve that figure to a more respectable 7.5 hours a day.

You've been playing civ 5 for 7.5 hours a day, every single day, since it was released?

I'll leave the computer on while I do other things such as ironing or gardening, so it is not an accurate figure.

1122 hours and I can finally say I can beat Deity most of the time. However it took me long time to get there, so don't give up. Keep increasing difficulty as you win games, eventually you'll get there.

Also, play OP civs like Babylon, Poland, Korea, Arabia, if you're really struggling. Learn how to play the science side of the game well, and you'll eventually get better at this game.

1122 hours and I can finally say I can beat Deity most of the time. However it took me long time to get there, so don't give up. Keep increasing difficulty as you win games, eventually you'll get there.

Also, play OP civs like Babylon, Poland, Korea, Arabia, if you're really struggling. Learn how to play the science side of the game well, and you'll eventually get better at this game.

How is Poland OP?

How is Poland OP?

Free Social Policy when you enter a new era is super useful. You can do stuff like finish both Liberty Tradition, or open Tradition and go Piety, or just go Tradition-Honor etc. Plus, with Poland you're guaranteed to get the Rationalism opener science bonus, (with other civs you need to calculate your cpt well so you hit Renaissance before your next policy).

Also, their UU is pretty solid and their UB is also very good. Their UA makes them shine the most though.

Free Social Policy when you enter a new era is super useful. You can do stuff like finish both Liberty Tradition, or open Tradition and go Piety, or just go Tradition-Honor etc. Plus, with Poland you're guaranteed to get the Rationalism opener science bonus, (with other civs you need to calculate your cpt well so you hit Renaissance before your next policy).

Also, their UU is pretty solid and their UB is also very good. Their UA makes them shine the most though.

Now I get it. Thanks M8.

8 if you build the Oracle itself.

Avoid the Earth map at all costs. I mean you can try it once you're bored of Continents/Pangaea etc. but it's pretty awful, at least on standard size.

I think I'm closing in on my first immortal win with The Inca, Arabia got influential culture over me, but I took their capital (with about 14 wonders in it) and just have to see off poland. Should get a science victory, provided I dont get my parts nuked when I build them. I never thought it would be possible, but I guess you learn. Watching deity LPs helps.

I usually use the Inca when increasing difficulty. Probably because they are the civ I got my first win with.

Portugal. Mainly because of their improvements and Nau.

11,202 hours? [...]

Have you ever seen those Poker players who play ~10-20 games at the same time? I could imagine someone playing multiple MP games on different steam accounts could get those "hours" more quickly ... wouldn't be much fun though. Headache inducing. :lol:

Have you ever seen those Poker players who play ~10-20 games at the same time? I could imagine someone playing multiple MP games on different steam accounts could get those "hours" more quickly ... wouldn't be much fun though. Headache inducing. :lol:

I know I would get a headache from that.

Would be one way of doing it I guess- I have never played MP. Just me and the computer.

I would hate to think of all the hours of my life I have wasted on this game since it first came out. I had my first Commodore 64 back in about 85 or 86 and have never been without one since then. And never been without Civ since just after first release.

Civ V is the only reason I know about civilizations such as Assyria and Carthage.

Would be one way of doing it I guess- I have never played MP. Just me and the computer.

I would hate to think of all the hours of my life I have wasted on this game since it first came out. I had my first Commodore 64 back in about 85 or 86 and have never been without one since then. And never been without Civ since just after first release.

Good to see another C64 Veteran out there. The highlight for that computer for me was playing Legend of Blacksilver and Legacy of the Ancients though. Did you pay those as well back in the ancient days? :)

Top Bottom