This game is unfair

seanflokstra7

Prince
I'm not a person who whines about games, but this is ridiculous

I'm England, and I'm at war with Greece. A Companion Cavalry attack my half health Spearman. I get an upgrade, and I heal my Spearman. Full health

One turn later, Companion Cavalry attacks again, same spots(The Spearman didn't move), AND IT KILLS ME IN ONE HIT. MY CATAPULTS HAD THE CITY ALMOST DEAD.

This game doesn't want you to win, and it cheats

Also, this is probably worth noting, I'm playing warlord

I guess is that you play Civ 5 Vanilla since in G&K and later the combat system is changed so it takes a ratio of 3.5:1 (on average) in to kill something.

Try G&K or even better BNW.

... and if you don't play Vanilla, then :confused:

Are you playing vanilla?

Unpatched Vanilla = Companion Cavalry is your god, overlord, master, the scourge of earth all combined in one.

You really should upgrade to gods n kings or Brave new world, and i not gonna assume where you got a unpatched vanilla just to be nice.

And no, the game isn't cheating.

Warlord = human player is the one who's cheating with bonuses.

Prince for level playing ground.

King is the one where AIs start to get some bonuses.

I play on King exclusively now when Prince AI armies became too tiny and puny.

Was the spearman fortified before? And does it lose the fortification upon upgrade?

Your spearman was probably attacked by the city and maybe a ranged unit in the city and possibly one behind the city. He may have also attacked with a different CC that had better promotions and was fully healed.

And no, the game isn't cheating.

Warlord = human player is the one who's cheating with bonuses.

Prince for level playing ground.

Exactly right. If anyone should be complaining about cheaters, it's Alexander.

"It's lucky I have this unique unit, or I'd be getting steamrolled right now." :gripe:

I'm England, and I'm at war with Greece.

Well it started well (sounds familiar!)

Seriously, I mostly play England and at warlord he really shouldn't stand a chance. I guess you already know this but archers in good spots will see him off surely enough. Once you get your UU's please give him a good kicking for me!:)

Well it started well (sounds familiar!)

Seriously, I mostly play England and at warlord he really shouldn't stand a chance. I guess you already know this but archers in good spots will see him off surely enough. Once you get your UU's please give him a good kicking for me!:)

Haha, I hate him too(don't we all)

I got Longbowmen, and my closest acquaintance Gandhi the Terrible helped me

Let's just say that Alex is in heaven now

Top Bottom