This game should be called "Click the Next Turn"

Status
Not open for further replies.

darko82

Emperor
This is my first Emperor marathon game in Civ VI Rise & Fall. I am playing as Korea. I am mostly blindless about what I do. I early defeated Mongolia, a piece of cake, of course to become a dominat power on the continent. Now I do not care about anything - diplomacy, agendas, eurekas, units, war etc. Just ignoring everything and focus on science. I am just blindly clicking some buildings in the cities. Science vicotry is my goal. I produce the most science in the world. Twice as any other civ in the world. Someone tried to attack me. Three units came up to be destroyed - how pathetic and ridiculous? The AI is behind, most wonders are not even touched. WTF? Now I am just clicking "the next turn" until the production is finished. Nothing else is going on.

Personally, huge disappointment. The AI is totally brainless. It cannot play the game it was designed for. I think it is a shame. It's like playing with yourself - no threat, no enemies, no diplomacy needed, nothing but a few stupid brainless units or cities that can be eaisly destroyed. So much time has passed since the game was released, and nothing changed. I am even playing with the AI+ mod.

If I could, I would demand a refund for this game. Sorry.

Last edited:
This game is not for everyone, move on bud.

Really? So why they don't put a warning in the description or box "This game is not for everyone because...this and that, and the AI cannot play the game". They should inform people: In this game you play with yourself - alone. No challenge at all - even if you blindlessly click ... no strategy or thinking involved etc.

Civ III or VI were challenging games. Even Civ 1 was more challenging than this.

Each to thier own. Some love Civ VI some hate it. I loved Civ III and Civ V but couldn't get into Civ IV. No big deal. Didn't exspect a warning on Civ IV how would they know I'd like it or not. Plenty of peps loved Civ IV but it wasn't for me.

Each to thier own. Some love Civ VI some hate it. I loved Civ III and Civ V but couldn't get into Civ IV. No big deal. Didn't exspect a warning on Civ IV how would they know I'd like it or not. Plenty of peps loved Civ IV but it wasn't for me.

But explain me why all those systems exist if I can totally ignore them to win the game? They add new features that does not matter at all to win the game. The AI probably cannot even use them properly.

Why are you even still here if all you do is crying? You are complaining on every step and move and this has been going on since release. Just deal with it and go play something else, at this point you are only cluttering the forum with garbage.

Civ VI really doesn't play well on game pace settings longer than Normal. I used to play Civ V on the longer settings because I liked staying in each era longer, but in Civ VI there's just too much End Turn clicking for that to be enjoyable for me.

The AI is a separate issue, and it's one that I think is worth complaining about.

But explain me why all those systems exist if I can totally ignore them to win the game? They add new features that does not matter at all to win the game. The AI probably cannot even use them properly.

Depends on how you play the game. Sure, if you just spam military units and conquer everyone as quick as possible, yes, you can win without needing to pay attention to other systems like culture or science. But if you play a peaceful game and you don't go to war ever, you will need to pay attention to the other systems to win. And some players enjoy getting to the end of the tech tree, and building space ports and completing the space projects to win or building theater districts and getting great works from great people to eventually win a culture victory. They don't care about the AI because they enjoy doing those things in the game for their own enjoyment.

Why are you even still here if all you do is crying? You are complaining on every step and move and this has been going on since release. Just deal with it and go play something else, at this point you are only cluttering the forum with garbage.

Asking someone to leave the forum because you disagree with their opinion is rather impolite. And while you may not agree with his comments, they're coherent thoughts, not garbage.

I guess that those systems are in there because others enjoy them. For some players it's not just about the winning. No game is designed for one player.

Reactions: Rup
Marathon is easy mode, and so is Korea.

I dunno what to say.

The AI does suck though.

Moderator Action: If you have an issue with something that is posted, please report the post and move on. This thread is more of a troll thread as there are plenty of threads concerning the condition of the AI. Thread closed.
Please read the forum rules: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=422889

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom