This game sucks!!

jwhutchi

Chieftain
Civ Revolutions is by far the most unaccurate and frustrating nonsense I have ever played. That is really saying a lot considering I have been playing since the introduction of Civ I for the IBM running on an old 486 IBM PC. Since when can you take a city under a Democracy with a higher cultural value than most capitals in the game with a great person. Not to mention all the errors and miscues that have slowed any really mutiplayer function. How disappointing for a Civ junky to endour such a losy game for the console. Don't even get me started on Nukes, WTF?

:cringe: Dude, calm down. If you don't like it, simple solution. Wanna hear it? DON'T BUY THE GAME. DON'T PLAY IT. GIVE IT BACK TO THE STORE. And your life will go on. Ugh, I've seen these kinds of topics on other forums, and they drive me nuts. [pissed]
PS. If you got rid of the receipt, do this :ar15: Civ Rev

At least bring me a good argument to believe you.

I have to say I don't care much for civ rev either. I don't like how every tech gives a bonus if you're the first to reach it, with a few exceptions of course. I don't like the AI which gang rapes you for no good reason other then the fact that you won't give writing to their garbage civ. I don't like the multiplayer which lags out after you spend 30 min looking for a match. My connection is find with every other game btw. Maybe the game is still mediocre but I expect so much more from a civilization game.

I have to say I don't care much for civ rev either. I don't like how every tech gives a bonus if you're the first to reach it, with a few exceptions of course. I don't like the AI which gang rapes you for no good reason other then the fact that you won't give writing to their garbage civ. I don't like the multiplayer which lags out after you spend 30 min looking for a match. My connection is find with every other game btw. Maybe the game is still mediocre but I expect so much more from a civilization game.

:deadhorse:

Please more threads and posts like this.

:please:

I'm don't have the consoles to buy this game, but I got a question... I loved Civilization II, but I hated what they did to single player in the Gold Edition that I got later. The AI would distrust you by default and unless you were constantly giving them gifts their attitude would quickly drop and you'd be disliked by all but the weakest AIs... you tread on thin ice because if you do one thing to annoy them its war, and there's no way to have any lasting friendship and it left you alone and surrounded by constant enemies.

So I've heard the tales and all, and anyone who's played both games, is this AI here as bad as it was in Civ II Gold, or not quite as awful?

So I've heard the tales and all, and anyone who's played both games, is this AI here as bad as it was in Civ II Gold, or not quite as awful?
It's worse. ;)

Seriously, they're nicer on lower difficulties or if another AI or person is building one of the endgame wonders; otherwise they try to mug you even if they're weaker than you and on the other side of the world.

But I actually enjoy Civ:Rev on the DS. It's great for quick games of semi-civ while traveling. :)

It's worse. ;)

Seriously, they're nicer on lower difficulties or if another AI or person is building one of the endgame wonders; otherwise they try to mug you even if they're weaker than you and on the other side of the world.

But I actually enjoy Civ:Rev on the DS. It's great for quick games of semi-civ while traveling. :)

Yeah, I've read all the different good and bad points of Civ Rev, and while I could handle things such as lack of options, very little customization, less micromanagement, and shorter play time... the aggressive A.I. is pretty much what drops my interest in this game with zero. It managed to ruin Civ II for me, not something I'd want to relive.

You keep whining about the game, but it is the best selling game on the XBOX, and second on PS3, so most people don't care how ''bad'' you think the game is, and about the nuke thing, its great, one nuke doesn't make the game ridiculous, like it could.

This game isn't meant to be like all the other games...It's meant to be less complicated, easier to complete in one playthrough and a more "arcade" like gameplay. I'd personally recommend it to people new to the series as it would be a very good introduction to the series, having all the basic elements simplified. Also, why is this thread in multiplayer...lol

I'd recommend the finished game. This game is not finished half the game is missing, the multiplayer. Simpler does not mean better although I find the gameplay find up until the point the . .. .. .. . hits the fan.
I may be beating a dead horse with this post, but maybe with enough posts we can pop something back into place, or at least bring enough attention to its lifeless corpse that we get a new, breathing one in its place.

How can you say multiplayer is missing? I've only had one game freeze on me out of like twenty, there isn't that big of a problem with it! The biggest problem is people quitting early.

This is an iffy thread because i see both sides. I will say i hated civrev at first but it grew on me after a week or two. The AI sucks horribly .. in order to have a faster paced game you have to have an AI that will attack you just for breathing. So thats understandable .. i guess. I think the reason i dont really like this game is because i had such high hopes for it and it definately didn't deliver.

Oh and just because its a console game doesnt mean its acceptable to be horsehockey. Im so tired of everyone taking up for the game because its console and not pc. It easily could have been and still can be one of the greatest games i have played on ps3 but they have to come out with some serious patches. Multiplayer sucks because you cant get a game and if you do it only lasts 5 minutes before someone gets kicked out or it freezes. I dont know .. i think they all out just shipped this game out before it was completed. Being a civilization game like i said i expected more and im not satisfied.

lookin for people to play civ with...add dmesh as friend...the multiplayer lobby interface and no save sucks but oh well...add everyone as friend...send invites...

I thought the game was rather lame, the main reason being the crappy ai. but problems abound, but maybe I'm biased because i love the pc games but I don't think it's that. it should be noted I only played a couple games and by no means tried all the leaders, just remember I know civ so I think my oppinions valid.

How can you say multiplayer is missing? I've only had one game freeze on me out of like twenty, there isn't that big of a problem with it! The biggest problem is people quitting early.

I think this really depends on the system. From what I have read the PS3 multiplayer has been almost a complete disaster. I know there have been issues with the XBOX360 as well, but a majority of complaints seem to come from PS3 owners.

I think this really depends on the system. From what I have read the PS3 multiplayer has been almost a complete disaster. I know there have been issues with the XBOX360 as well, but a majority of complaints seem to come from PS3 owners.

Perhaps you're right... Glad I got a 360 :D

Most of you are complaining about the aggressive/crappy AI, but the game is designed to get in a quick multiplayer game and play. I like the singleplayer, but the multiplay is so much better and fun. You won't have many complaints about how simplified Civ Rev is when you are so involved on dominating real people or just trying to stay alive long enough to build that world bank. That said, this game is still not for everyone just as the PC Civilizations wasn't for all of us console dummies. It isn't bad game design on Firaxis part, it is your tastes on wether you like this paticular game.

Top Bottom