1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

This is disgusting

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by HiI'mWalt, Aug 13, 2009.

1. choxorn

choxorn Watermelon Headcrab

:goodjob:

2. Formaldehyde

Formaldehyde Both Fair And Balanced

I agree. If you aren't ready and willing to commit war crimes and other atrocities, you should just stay home.

Something tells me this article got changed or was highly modified because I don't see anything about the Taliban hiding behind civilians, or the military being told not to go right ahead and inflict any amount of collateral damage they possibly can to save American lives. After all, their lives are obviously much more precious than Afghan civilians who happen to live there and just got caught in the middle, especially after the US military deliberately leapfrogged the front lines and apparently attacked a population center intentionally.

3. Labtec600

Labtec600 Emperor

On a side note - maybe another thread - but is there a relation between the increase in deaths and the amount of press? Seems like all I hear now is deaths in Afghanistan and hear nothing about Iraq. Life must be peachy in Iraq now. Who cares, we're pulling out so doesnt matter anymore.

Guess the press did it's job and is now moving on to the next war.

4. Verbose

Verbose Deity

So, who is it you're actually fighting, the one you should "go all the way" with? To what end?

Answers to questions like that tends to impose limitations.

5. Formaldehyde

Formaldehyde Both Fair And Balanced

Two US military have died in Iraq so far this month, both of which were categorized as being "non-hostile". Does that help explain it?

http://icasualties.org/Iraq/index.aspx

6. Masada

Masada Koi-san!

We had another Australian citizen die in Iraq who was killed in a bar dispute with a British citizen. I vote we invade! REVANCHE!

7. Zack

Zack 99% hot gas

Yeah that's right, if you're not willing to commit war crimes don't go to war! :rolleyes:

8. Seapeople

Seapeople Chieftain

Support our troops.

9. Ziggy Stardust

Ziggy Stardust New Englander

No, support our troops!

10. Camikaze

Camikaze Administrator Administrator

Don't you think a better idea would be 'if you are not able to go without inflicting civilian casualties, it is not worth going'?

11. RedRalph

RedRalph Deity

So should Russia have used it's entire nuclear arsenal against Georgia? what you are talking baout it mass-murder on an industrial scale, not war. If the US army did pursue these tactics, it would actually make them worse than the Nazis. Much as I despise the US govt and armed forces, they are not on a moral par with the Nazis.

12. Trajan12

Trajan12 Deity

That's what we've been trying to tell you.

13. Erik Mesoy

Erik Mesoy Core Tester / Intern

Was there anything to discuss here, or did you just want to get in a shouting match with people more moral than you?