This is fine.

Estebonrober

Deity

https://www.latimes.com/world-nation/story/2019-08-21/russia-siberia-forest-fires-policy-change

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-...on-mounts-idUSKCN1VD19T?utm_source=reddit.com

https://www.vox.com/2019/8/22/20828219/amazon-rainforest-wildfire-photos-fire-greenland

https://www.buzzfeednews.com/article/danvergano/wildfire-amazon-records-climate

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news...onth-ever-fires-rage-across-globe/2070418001/

"Our house is burning. Literally. The Amazon rain forest – the lungs which produces 20% of our planet's oxygen – is on fire," Macron wrote in a tweet Thursday. "It is an international crisis. Members of the G7 Summit, let's discuss this emergency first order in two days!"

https://www.npr.org/2019/08/23/7536...-members-to-put-amazon-fires-at-top-of-agenda

Ok so yea the world is literally burning and I'm certain nothing will be done. Also the radio silence on this fact on the right in America is palpable. . .I know they have other concerns at the moment.

https://politics.theonion.com/aides-struggle-to-stop-dozens-of-kerosene-soaked-republ-1837517131

WICHITA, KS—Urging calm as the wailing conservative politicians jostled for a place at their deceased benefactor’s side, aides reportedly struggled Friday to prevent dozens of kerosene-soaked Republicans from lighting themselves ablaze atop David Koch’s body. “I don’t want to keep living in a world without David Koch,” said former Wisconsin governor Scott Walker, one amongst a throng of weeping Republicans including Mike Pence, Ted Cruz, Rick Scott, and Mitt Romney who shoved past the other mourners for the privilege of setting fire to themselves and flinging their burning bodies onto the billionaire conservative activist’s corpse. “Get the hell out of my way, Rubio—you know he loved me best! I should be on top of the body. Jesus Christ, David! David! Don’t go into the next life without me!” At press time, attendants were forced to intervene with fire extinguishers after the entire Cato Institute board of directors piled onto the corpse at once and caused the blaze to rapidly spread across Koch’s enormous estate.

I despair, and really don't see how we will save ourselves.

The younger generations are starting to get ready to do things, but the older generations are still holding us back. Even within my own family. :(

What drives me bonkers is what an absolute missed opportunity the climate crisis is. We could mobilize a lot of people to build out and deploy new technologies, thereby providing a lot of economic growth while also tackling climate change. Yet the monied class is vested in their own regressive interests and technologies and won't have any of it so the rest of us can piss off and die.

We used to have a regulation to fight forest fires only if it's economically feasible (whatever that means). But this summer is particularly bad.
Last month Putin sent cavalry in

But they say it won't make much change, it covers only the most important zones, ~3% of total burning area.

I despair, and really don't see how we will save ourselves.

The younger generations are starting to get ready to do things, but the older generations are still holding us back. Even within my own family. :(
We used to have a regulation to fight forest fires only if it's economically feasible (whatever that means). But this summer is particularly bad.
Last month Putin sent cavalry in

But they say it won't make much change, it covers only the most important zones, ~3% of total burning area.

Right the fact is that Russia dropped the ball big time on this and it is all the more disheartening because this used to be one of their main points about how capitalism was ruining the world.

What drives me bonkers is what an absolute missed opportunity the climate crisis is. We could mobilize a lot of people to build out and deploy new technologies, thereby providing a lot of economic growth while also tackling climate change. Yet the monied class is vested in their own regressive interests and technologies and won't have any of it so the rest of us can piss off and die.

The only comfort, as dark as it is, is that their lack of imagination will kill them off as well.

the most depressing part of this is that intelligent life might not have enough time in this solar system to come back and still explore the galaxy and universe. #GreatFilter

Invade Brazil.

Turns out all the capitalists are fake capitalists and are more about imperialist wealth transfer. They have absolutely no respect for property rights that are the foundation of a market economy. They've no concern about the fact they're going to cause massive property damage globally and no intention to compensate anyone for that damage.

maybe..... capitalism......bad???!!??????!????

Turns out all the capitalists are fake capitalists and are more about imperialist wealth transfer. They have absolutely no respect for property rights that are the foundation of a market economy. They've no concern about the fact they're going to cause massive property damage globally and no intention to compensate anyone for that damage.

maybe..... capitalism......bad???!!??????!????

oh when the ledger comes back and burns your @#$%$#@ house down! Literally.

Humans are dumb, they get more upset over one stupid chapel burning than millions of living trees

Humans are dumb, they get more upset over one stupid chapel burning than millions of living trees

People care more about the things they build more than the things they don't. As important as the Amazon rainforest is, humans didn't build it, thus they don't care about it.

Them too, if it's any consolation. I know it isn't.

The 2015 Southeast Asian haze was an air pollution crisis affecting several countries in Southeast Asia, including Brunei, Indonesia (especially its islands of Sumatra and Borneo), Malaysia, Singapore, southern Thailand, Vietnam, Cambodia and the Philippines.

The haze affected Indonesia from at least late June,[1] to the end of October, turning into an international problem for other countries in September. It was the latest occurrence of the Southeast Asian haze, a long-term issue that occurs in varying intensity during every dry season in the region.[10] It was caused by forest fires resulting from illegal slash-and-burn practices, principally on the Indonesian islands of Sumatra and Kalimantan, which then spread quickly in the dry season.[11][12][13][14][15][16][17][18][19]
Continued (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2015_Southeast_Asian_haze)

Wonder what caused it ... capitalists, right ... small farmer capitalists.

The 2015 Southeast Asian haze was an air pollution crisis affecting several countries in Southeast Asia, including Brunei, Indonesia (especially its islands of Sumatra and Borneo), Malaysia, Singapore, southern Thailand, Vietnam, Cambodia and the Philippines.

The haze affected Indonesia from at least late June,[1] to the end of October, turning into an international problem for other countries in September. It was the latest occurrence of the Southeast Asian haze, a long-term issue that occurs in varying intensity during every dry season in the region.[10] It was caused by forest fires resulting from illegal slash-and-burn practices, principally on the Indonesian islands of Sumatra and Kalimantan, which then spread quickly in the dry season.[11][12][13][14][15][16][17][18][19]
Continued (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2015_Southeast_Asian_haze)

Wonder what caused it ... capitalists, right ... small farmer capitalists.

I don;t think blame helps here, we need solutions and compromise.

People care more about the things they build more than the things they don't. As important as the Amazon rainforest is, humans didn't build it, thus they don't care about it.
To quote your favorite president : "You didn't build that"

Right the fact is that Russia dropped the ball big time on this and it is all the more disheartening because this used to be one of their main points about how capitalism was ruining the world.

Of course, their brand of state capitalism was helping to ruin it probably even faster than Western capitalism did. The USSR was really not in a position to point any fingers at the West when it came to environmental degradation...

To quote your favorite president : "You didn't build that"

You seem to be under the impression that I hate Obama. Yet more evidence that people here just make assumptions about what people they disagree with believe without actually reading what they post.

You seem to be under the impression that I hate Obama. Yet more evidence that people here just make assumptions about what people they disagree with believe without actually reading what they post.

That does go both ways.

Top Bottom