1. We have added the ability to collapse/expand forum categories and widgets on forum home.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. All Civ avatars are brought back and available for selection in the Avatar Gallery! There are 945 avatars total.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. To make the site more secure, we have installed SSL certificates and enabled HTTPS for both the main site and forums.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Civ6 is released! Order now! (Amazon US | Amazon UK | Amazon CA | Amazon DE | Amazon FR)
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Dismiss Notice
  6. Forum account upgrades are available for ad-free browsing.
    Dismiss Notice

This is How You Play Nubia on Diety

Discussion in 'Civ6 - General Discussions' started by MarigoldRan, Jun 10, 2018.

1. MarigoldRan

MarigoldRan WARLORD

upload_2018-6-10_2-8-27.png

BEHOLD THE PITATI SWARM.

Turn 60. Diety. Pangea. Huge. Standard Speed. Mods: Milder relations, 8 Ages of Pace.

So-so start. Just got Pol Phil on turn 60 (couldn't get the inspiration). Pretty much every icon you see on the screen is a Pitati archer.

Killed the Mongols. The Romans are next.

Build order? Got 3 cities (no one spawned close, so I could afford to get a little greedy). Then spammed Pitati archers (which are cheap as Nubia).

If someone spawned close to me, I wouldn't have built a settler. The first tech was Mining. Went builder first this game (for forest chops if I feel threatened, or to farm the wheat if there was no immediate threat- in this game I ended up farming the wheat resources- in games where I'm feeling more threatened, I could have 6 slingers by turn 15 or 20).

The key to winning on Diety is to play Nubia and to NEVER STOP BUILDING PITATI ARCHERS. Add in an occasional monument or builder for chops or culture, but otherwise, stick to building Pitati archers. Beeline Agoge, and don't bother building any other unit other than the occasional scout. Just get slingers, get agoge, save your money, upgrade the slingers to Pitati archers, then build even more Pitati archers. Add in a scout or two for city taking and the game is yours to win.

Currently on 25 Pitati archers. Once you hit 40-50, the only difficult part of the game is the amount of management required to move them from one location to the next.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 10, 2018
  2. FearSunn

FearSunn Chieftain

Boring.

3. MarigoldRan

MarigoldRan WARLORD

Well, yeah. I agree. But it works. People ask: "but how do I beat Diety consistently?" And I have supplied the answer.

4. MarigoldRan

MarigoldRan WARLORD

Ok, here's the situation. It's turn 70, Standard speed, Huge Pangea.

I've got 8 cities and, um, 30 Ptati archers. Was forced into peace because 3 of the cities are rebelling and amenities was at -4 for the rest of my cities.

My science is at 18/turn, as is my culture. Gaining gold at about +20/turn.

I wiped out the Mongols and took several cities from the Romans.

I've got plenty of room to expand and I'm pretty sure I'm going to gain a Golden Age.

Should I continue? My next several steps are going to be:

1. Build up the cities a bit more.
    2. Spam out 2-3 more settlers.
    3. Spam out Commerce Districts, and then spam out 20-30 chariots (should be easy on 8-12 cities).
    4. Get Stirrups, upgrade Chariots to knights.
    5. Upgrade some of the lvl 4 Ptati to Crossbows.
    6. Crush the Romans once and for all.

Will the AI pose any challenge at this point or should I just quit, call it a won game and play another? 'Cuz microing dozens of units can be a bit of a pain.

5. Temppu

Temppu Chieftain

It's spelled Deity.

narmox likes this.
  6. BarbarianHunter

BarbarianHunter Chieftain

That's looks like the kind of game I'll need a cold bowl of ice water ready for when once I finish.

***One of the reasons I tend to avoid Nubia is my hand usually hurts by the end from all the ranged unit move/target/fire click-festing over the course of a game.

Victoria likes this.
  7. Ferocitus

Ferocitus Warlord

On a mickey-mouse size map against a small number of opponents. Try it on one of
    the largest Terra maps with 245+ opponents at epic or longer pace and your method
    is not only extremely boring, but doomed to failure.

And it's Deity, not Diety :p

8. Morino1914

Morino1914 Chieftain

There must be several more, even peaceful, and much more fun ways to beat deity.

9. MarigoldRan

MarigoldRan WARLORD

Does it matter?

10. MarigoldRan

MarigoldRan WARLORD

Also, are peaceful games fun? 'Cuz honestly it's also a clickfest, too.

And I'm pretty sure I have OCD like many others here. So I'm speaking for a lot of people here when I say "this is fun."

But I can understand why some do not like it. But it will win.

For people who want to win Diety the first time [Tomatoe, tomato], this will work.

11. Archon_Wing

Archon_Wing Vote for me or die

I am totally salty and am going to rule your win invalid because it threatens my ego.

But good job anyways. Nubia seems pretty ridiculous and am not surprised they are a dlc civ.

acluewithout and earlc like this.
  12. MarigoldRan

MarigoldRan WARLORD

Are you really? But I love salt. SALT IS FUN. But thank you.

13. Archon_Wing

Archon_Wing Vote for me or die

Well, of course. I always settle next to the Dead Sea.

But in all seriousness. Why commercial hubs? There shouldn't be much maintenance from archers with conscription.

14. MarigoldRan

MarigoldRan WARLORD

So you can get money to upgrade them to crossbows and to upgrade the chariots to knights.

I LOVE COMMERCIAL HUBS.

Each commercial hub with marketplace produces 12-16 gold/research (once you add in the trade). That's a lot. And it's cheaper than getting universities.

I spam commercial hubs and run the +100% Commercial Adjacency Bonus card and get as many trade routes (which are AWESOME) as I can after the early rush.

You fall behind in tech but it doesn't matter. Knights can beat Renaissance defenses as long as you have enough of them.

Archon_Wing likes this.
  15. Ferocitus

Ferocitus Warlord

It's biased against several civs, e.g. Gitarja who gets bonuses for small
    islands; against Hojo who has advantages on coastal areas around larger islands,
    etc.
    So, you can pull the front of your jumper over your head and run around like
    you've scored the goal of the century but, really, it was just against a team of
    under 7s.

As a search term, yes.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 11, 2018
  16. The_Quasar

The_Quasar Chieftain

Hmm... when I clicked for this thread, I thought it was saying that Amanitore should be on a diet!

This is one, rather boring way, to win on Deity, there are many more interesting ways. Most civs can be won on deity, as long as you get a good initial position.

Aristos, Karpius and Ferocitus like this.
  17. MarigoldRan

MarigoldRan WARLORD

You can kill almost anything with enough arrows.

The fun really begins when you upgrade TEN lvl 4 archers or crossbows into field cannons with double shot.

Last edited: Jun 11, 2018
  18. Ferocitus

Ferocitus Warlord

If you can get to the other civs in time! While you're building archers, 24+
    other civs are slogging away at building their empires. Knights aren't all that
    effective attacking Gitarja's one hex islands, or Pedro's cities in the jungles,
    or against the massed cavalry that Genghis can put together, especially if they
    are a long way from your territory.

19. tedhebert

tedhebert Chieftain

It did 2 patches ago to Fxs when they spelled it like you did in one of the game files ;-)

Aristos and Morino1914 like this.
  20. acluewithout

acluewithout Warlord

I think we should delete the current Civ of the Week: Nubia thread, and crown this the new Civ of the Week: Nubia thread. Long may it reign.