This is incredible!!

peter142

Chieftain
Thanks so much for this!! If you could spiffy up the graphics, you could call it Civilization 6! I can't believe how much work and detail is in the full pack.

One possible bug to report: I am playing on difficulty setting 2 (which seems about to match difficulty setting 4, which is what I usually play.) The AI seems overly nice - Brazil for instance gave me free luxury resources for no apparent reason, right at the start of the game. The Celts too. I do love that the AI isn't such an :) :) :) :):) :) :) :):) :) :) :):) :) :) :):) :) :) :):) :) :) :):) :) :) :) anymore for no reason though, but this seems a little much to the point that it seems like a bug.

Welcome to the community! :)

Regarding luxuries: keep in mind that luxuries aren't as impactful as they used to be. They start off at giving only 1 happiness per copy, and the number goes higher as you get more unique copies and population. (That's briefly described in the tooltip that appears when you hover over the happiness counter.) This makes them less of a deal breaker when picking settling locations, while bringing bonus resources (e.g., sheep) on a par with luxuries.

What you're seeing with the AI behaviour is an element of Civ 4 Diplomacy Features (C4DF), if I'm not mistaken, which is incorporated into the project.

"..gave me free luxury resources for no apparent reason.."
Tick "Transparent Diplomacy" in game setup and the reason will become apparent. You are definitely liked by this civ, and diplomacy window will show you why.

I didn't do anything for him. I even settled in his space. He keeps trying to buy my city. In vanilla he would have been invading for sure.

I didn't do anything for him. I even settled in his space. He keeps trying to buy my city. In vanilla he would have been invading for sure.

Oh, there's no peace and rainbows in the gamesI play. Being declared war on by a neighbour is almost a routine. Enjoy your situation while ot lasts :)

I think AI agressiveness and military prowess went up significantly over the course of the last handful of new beta versions. The last official version is pretty old now, so you might be having a different experience if you're running that.

Top Bottom