This is the truth! and can be please stop the biased threads!

Status
Not open for further replies.

mattavich

Civ5 Fanatic
This is the truth/facts.

Fact 1)The poll show over 70% of users on this forum like the new Civ5

Fact 2)Civ5 is not a remake of Civ4

Opinion 3)A remake of Civ4 would have been binned, uninstalled and slammed in reviews

Fact 4)Civ5 is very buggy and incomplete in some areas

Fact 5)Civ5 AI sucks

A home truth 6)No one is saying the guys who hate Civ5 can't have an opinion, but DO NOT try to create a situation that makes developers and new players believe everyone hates Civ5 because it is simply NOT TRUE, most people LIKE Civ5

I'm getting tired of seeing these threads like Final Verdict: We want our stack back and other great cIV features! which claim to speak for everyone.

These threads only speak for a MINORITY of players and it is not the majority view.

Again, no one said you can't voice your dislike to the new Civ5 features but this type of thread is giving the totally wrong impression because the truth is most do like Civ5.

We're not saying it is the most amazing thing since sliced bread.

Here is an example of an good opinion which does not force itself on others and allows them to also have an opinion: it does not claim to speak for everyone.

It's actually pretty simple why the civ 4 lovers (me being one of them) are mad at civ 5. It's because civ 4 is still an awesome game, super in depth, multiple strategies to win, endless options, etc. I still play civ 4, I just played through an emperor/standard game with genghis khan a week ago. The game is still a blast. A perfect civ 5 for me would've been basically civ 4 BTS but with 1 UPT and hexes. The combat is the only thing lacking in Civ4, in Civ5 it's the only thing that is done better than civ4. I'm playing through my third game in civ 5 right now, I've bought all the city states, I have 9 allies, when I find the remaining ones I'm going to vote myself to diplomatic victory. So, with 4 cities, a pitiful military, but enough gold to pay off the city states I'm going to win the game, it just seems too easy and not very deep.

I understand that this is civ5, not civ4, and please don't start flaming me for an opinion, but my very first feelings of civ 5 were that this feels like a beta. I know that given a few expansions and patches we may be very well have civ 5 BTS, but I can understand why people are upset that we may have to wait another 2 years to actually have a replacement for BTS. Civ 4 vanilla was OK, I bought it early on, played it a fair amount, but BTS made me an absolute fanatic :)

Why we should be protecting our opinions. MODs should stop threads which lay claim to everyones opinion and ask for change.

What if the developers see these threads which say that you, me and everyone hates specific parts of the game and they begin to listen.

If people don't protect their opinion, then you won't be allowed to have one.

I don't want to have my opinion trounced just because a MINORITY of players are going to be aggressive towards changing the game.

My opinion is mine and my own only, no one else should be allowed the right to claim my opinion and change it for their own.

Wow, am I blessed to find this unbiased thread which holds the one and only truth.

Don't be silly, each opinion is equally legitimate and if people find Civ V sucks they can rant about it all they want, be it rational or not.

Personally, I love Civ V, but I don't like defenses of offenses to Civ V alike if they're presented like this.

A very moderate thread, sir, that reaches out to both sides but I fear the powers of the internet conspire against your wishes.

Visit any fansite of any major game release during the opening weeks and you will see nothing but criticism or technical problems.

Maybe the best advice would be to not visit the forums until things cool down a bit?

Wow, am I blessed to find this unbiased thread which holds the one and only truth.

Don't be silly, each opinion is equally legitimate and if people find Civ V sucks they can rant about it all they want, be it rational or not.

Personally, I love Civ V, but I don't like defenses of offenses to Civ V alike if they're presented like this.

You seem to be missing the point, i'm with you?

To quote Civ 5: "get over it". It never ceases to amaze me how people think there is validity in the combination of words and/or concepts like "truth", "bias", "humans", "internet".

You seem to be missing the point, i'm with you?

My point is that I don't like thread as aggressive as yours, no matter what point they're trying to make. Add in the ludicrous claim that this thread would hold the unbiased truth, and you rubbed me the wrong way.

My point is that I don't like thread as aggressive as yours, no matter what point they're trying to make. Add in the ludicrous claim that this thread would hold the unbiased truth, and you rubbed me the wrong way.

This. I dream of a day annoying posts like this and those bashing the game for no other reason than boredom are a thing of the past. It'll be right behind world peace I know it.

i wouldn't say ai sucks, its much more difficult to make an a really good ai in a hex based system compared to the stacks

I'm not biased :)

It is also the truth.

Thankyou

My opinion is this: if you have a problem with particular threads or posts, click the report button. It's the one right under the poster's avatar that looks like an exclamation mark. That will make the moderators, aka the people who have the authority to make such calls as stop posting x or y threads, decide whether a thread should be locked, deleted, etc.

If you don't like certain types of threads, don't click them. It's not like they automatically open in your browser.

I'm not biased :)

It is also the truth.

Thankyou

You're human aren't you, being an individual and all that. You've got bias both by design and environment. Truth is always relative to the eye of the beholder. Now stop bulling around man and consider for a moment what Romtos said. It is worth to read it again.

You have to love it when people claim their opinion is "right" or the "majority". :(

Having siad that, i like civ 5 (although it needs a few tweaks), but im aware thats just my opinion and ive nothing against others speaking theirs. Life would be boring if we all liked the same things! :p

I think if MP worked better we would really see the true awesomeness of the 1upt and ranged combat as only a human is going to be able to work the combat right as of now.

You're human aren't you, being an individual and all that. You've got bias both by design and environment. Truth is always relative to the eye of the beholder. Now stop bulling around man and consider for a moment what Romtos said. It is worth to read it again.

I can't make an opinion of facts.

Maybe i should change the word truth to fact.

You have to love it when people claim their opinion is "right" or the "majority". :(

Having siad that, i like civ 5 (although it needs a few tweaks), but im aware thats just my opinion and ive nothing against others speaking theirs. Life would be boring if we all liked the same things! :p

I agree, maybe you should re-read the thread, specifically 6.

Thank you

I can't make an opinion of facts.

Maybe i should change the word truth to fact.

Hm, for some strange reason I get this impression you only engage in argument for the sake of argument, regardless of the objective or the intended or desired results.

You have an opinion. You have no facts. Everybody on any side of this imaginary fence has multiple opinions. Nobody has facts. Impressions, observations and individual analysis is all anyone has, and it remains subjective. It is not even mutually exclusive.

Still the point stands, it would not be a bad idea to consider what Romtos said, generally a more civil approach works much better among humans. Extremes are never a good idea to get results. They're only good for limited gratification.

I agree, maybe you should re-read the thread, specifically 6.

Thank you

Yes i know we agree, my point was this thread comes across in the same, "We are the majority you are the minority" tone that you are complaining about.

I agree with most of what you say, just not how you say it :p

I just can't believe people are seriously feuding over the game. Some like it, some don't, so what? Do you fight over the food too, pizza vs lasagna omg those lasagna lovers are so stupid please tell them to stfu? Oh no its you pizza fanboys who should stfu lasagna ftw.

I mean... it's a lovely autumn outside, at least in these parts. Good to go outside, breath fresh air a bit, remember that civ is just a game, it's a matter of taste whether you like it or not.

Civ fanatics community is about the best community in the gaming world, don't reduce it to anything less, all right.

You're simplifying things. I do enjoy playing Civ5 but at the same time there's much I dislike and I find Civ4 vastly more fun than Civ5.

So those things are not mutually exclusive. You can like the game and still think it's much worse than its predecessor.

Stop painting the world in black and white.

You're simplifying things. I do enjoy playing Civ5 but at the same time there's much I dislike and I find Civ4 vastly more fun than Civ5.

So those things are not mutually exclusive. You can like the game and still think it's much worse than its predecessor.

Stop painting the world in black and white.

That is a fine opinion.

What i'm saying is, stop the threads which tarnish everyone as hating the game and it needs to change.

Those types of threads do not speak for everyone, but they claim to.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom