This might be a stupid question...

helgish

Chieftain
If this can found somewhere else, then I am really sorry, but I am hopelessly lost...Where can I find A New Dawn patch 1.74E or F? Also how would I make a desktop shortcut to launch either A New Dawn or Rise of Mankind. I thought I installed both correctly but everytime I try to run it, the screen flashes back to the desktop and nothing happens. The one time that I got it to work, I got into the game and there was no hud. I had no buttons no options. I could move untis and if I remembered a key command it worked, but that was it. Please help.

http://sourceforge.net/projects/anewdawn/files/ for the patches.

And as for the shortcut,
Code:
"D:\Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4\Beyond the Sword\Civ4BeyondSword.exe" mod=\Rise of Mankind
works for me. Obviously you change the path to correspond with yours. You might have a faulty install tho by the sound of it; does the mod work normally if you enable it in-game?

Yeah, Irony of ironies, is that 2.91 and 2.92 both workwithout any problems. It is when I install the New Dawn patches that it seems to go sideways. I will try to re-download the 1.74 patches. Do I need to install them in order ro can I just install the latest?

Stupid Question but, you are downloading the main AND package before installing the patches, right?

download and install in the order

rom 2.92
new dawn 1.74
new dawn patch 1.74 E

don't install over existing versions. Best delete/backup old and install fresh. Sometimes you think you got it clean, but you don't.

And i wouldn't recommend 2.91 with 1.74, it works, but isn't built for it(though creators know best, but i just follows their advice).

And why not try Patch F ;)?

Christmas came early!!!! I cleaned my machine of all Rise of Mankind and A New Dawn...did a new download of everything, did a clean install. Patch 1.74C and 1.74D didn't install correctly. But I got E and F to install....and IT WORKS!!! Game is awesome!!! When I first load it, I just need to wait for it to load. Thanks for all your help!

glad it works. Just a note (someone correct me if am wrong, but in software bussiness last patch always includes all prior patches), you only need to install latest patch ie if there's
patch A and B, you only need B as it contains A fixes already, so in this case patch F is all you needed.

anytime for a multiplayer game, let me know:) I live near you (elmhurst,ny), so we got matching hours and i play games almost everyday.

Top Bottom