This mod SUX

Yeah, agree here. Probably it's not that important to have that temp release
Lithuania won't really be playable with no UHVs or UP, also the map is not yet adjusted to have a new civ in that area

I can wait until next week, I'm just glad that the project is alive again

2 more files, but I think that's all
Do you want them now?
I never commited to the svn before, so it's probably quicker if I upload them here

I will do it in the morning then.

Okay. Hopefully I will be able to upload it to the svn by then. If I have troubles with it, will send you the files in PM

Hey guys:

I merged in all the previous readmes and changelogs into one file, deleted your older files
The way I think we should add in the changes from now on is the form I used for Beta 7
Please follow this in the future updates:
Code:
Changes for Beta 7:

Major changes:
		Introduction of the new province system
		New stability system based on provinces
		Lithuania added
		Research overhaul, connecting techs to the RFCE timeline
		Speed tweaks
		Moved starting date of Moscow to 1383, Austria to 1282

Minor changes:	
		Started the process of connecting all UHVs to the RFCE timeline
		Moved venetian starting position
		Updates to the CivGameCoreDLL's code
		Civilopedia hides units, independent civs
		Forbidden some units to become a mercenary
		Added complete changelog - please use this detailed form from now on

XML updates:
		XML entries for missing leaders, religions
		RRRaskolnikov's french translations
		Added Gold icon in text for Manoralism
		Deleted unused info from a few files
		Renamed Winery improvement to Vineyard

Art updates:	
		Ethnic russian Great General

Balance:
		Apothecary cost increased

Bugfixes:

In the bugfix category you should mention: Due to the large amount of changes, there will be a large number of new bugs introduced :sarcasm:

Can I make updates to the ProvinceManager.py file?
I only fixed the bug with Austria so far, but I would like to improve some other civs' province lists if you don't mind

Can I make updates to the ProvinceManager.py file?
I only fixed the bug with Austria so far, but I would like to improve some other civs' province lists if you don't mind

Do you know how it works? Pot2Core are the core provinces, Pot2Norm are the "Natural" ones (lesser penalty if you lose cities in those). Outer are the outer ones. Ignore "desired", I will so something else with the AI (it doesn't work yet anyway).

You can have cities outside Core, Natural, Outer borders, so you don't have to include absolutely everything.

Do you know how it works? Pot2Core are the core provinces, Pot2Norm are the "Natural" ones (lesser penalty if you lose cities in those). Outer are the outer ones. Ignore "desired", I will so something else with the AI (it doesn't work yet anyway).

You can have cities outside Core, Natural, Outer borders, so you don't have to include absolutely everything.

Of course, everything is clear
As I said, I already fixed Austria in the svn version
I will skip the "desired" provinces

I noticed I cannot add anything to the lose-province-on-spawn section - the game crashes
Where else are those handled?
Wanted to add a few lost provinces for France on Burgundy/Germany spawn, and to Hungary on Austria spawn

I noticed I cannot add anything to the lose-province-on-spawn section - the game crashes
Where else are those handled?
Wanted to add a few lost provinces for France on Burgundy/Germany spawn, and to Hungary on Austria spawn

RFCEurope\Assets\Python\ProvinceManager.py, at the very bottom of the file.

Code:
elif ( iPlayer == iGermany ):
        pFrankia.setProvinceType( xml.iP_Bavaria, iProvinceNone )
        pFrankia.setProvinceType( xml.iP_Saxony, iProvinceNone )

This means that when Germany spawns, Bavaria and Saxony will become Unstable provinces for France. If you want to add something else, you can do so by adding another elif ( iPlayer == iSomeOtherCiv ) and pSomeCiv.setProvinceType

The types and the Civ names are listed at the top of the file.

Of course, it's totally clear. That's were I added my new lines as I said in my last post
But somehow the game crashed after my changes, so I reverted them back
I supposed I have to make changes somewhere else too, to make this work

Probably I just made a typo error if no other changes are necessary...

Of course, it's totally clear. That's were I added my new lines as I said in my last post
But somehow the game crashed after my changes, so I reverted them back
I supposed I have to make changes somewhere else too, to make this work

Probably I just made a typo error if no other changes are necessary...

Check PythonErr2.log in My Games\Beyond the Sword\Logs, this one will give you info on where the error is.

Thank you folks so much for this. I looove RFCE and love that this is still in development. Just finished a beta 6 Poland, and had so much fun expanding into the collapsing Kiev - just like the real poles did hundreds of years ago!

An idea that might work with the provinces: would it be possible to tie culture to the provinces? That is, if Venice has a city in Instria/Dalmatia, the next cultural bump is more likely to spread down the coast than go inland? Especially if Byzantium or Hungary has Zagreb or Belgrade? This would make the empires echo the provinces, which is historical.

PS, enough with the “I will polish Lithuania” jokes! And thanks again for the work.

Thank you folks so much for this. I looove RFCE and love that this is still in development. Just finished a beta 6 Poland, and had so much fun expanding into the collapsing Kiev - just like the real poles did hundreds of years ago!

An idea that might work with the provinces: would it be possible to tie culture to the provinces? That is, if Venice has a city in Instria/Dalmatia, the next cultural bump is more likely to spread down the coast than go inland? Especially if Byzantium or Hungary has Zagreb or Belgrade? This would make the empires echo the provinces, which is historical.

PS, enough with the “I will polish Lithuania” jokes! And thanks again for the work.

Welcome to CFC! :)
The culture will be somehow tied to the provinces.
As Dalmatia is a core province for Venice, the tiles within the coast will less likely be overrun by any foreign culture
The inland tiles are in another provinces, if a civ has more priority for those provinces than Venice, the culture rate will be higher for them
Of course the tile culture calculations heavily depends on city distance, so it's hard to balance it perfectly...

PS: IIRC there was only one joke about polish lithuania, and it was funny :)
But I suppose you are either polish or lithuanian, so it's fine if you are upset ,)

3Miro, here is the small province update for Beta 7.
I made a readme file for you in the rar, but I also post the changes here:

These are the latest changes:
(just a few fixes mostly based on the Science Rules' comments)

- changed the name of Galilee to Lebanon, and moved a few tiles in the area
- changed the name of Illyria to Arberia
- renamed Beghazi, Lybia, Tunisia to Cyrenaica, Tripolitania, Ifriqiya, changed the borders between them accordingly
- moved a few tiles between the Scandinavian provinces
- reduced the area of Polotsk (the northern part was totally inaccurate) - a few tiles to Lithuania, Livonia, Smolensk

I changed these names both in the zones.txt and in the CIV4GameTextInfos_RFCE_Provinces.xml

Attachments

• provinces_beta7.rar
    44.1 KB · Views: 141
Sry guys, for the last couple hours I got dragged away with the provinces (what a shock, right? :)), and moving them around for the civs in the ProvinceManager.py
Thus I didn't have time to finish neither the LH update, nor the map :blush:
Both has little left to done, but I have to leave in a few minutes...
Up to Erdely, see you on Sunday night :)

Do you guys intend to revise the German area of the map once you get the whole provinces thing running?
I've come to notice that several of the city names are in english.
Brunswick instead of Braunschweig
Basle instead of Basel (which shouldn't be north of the Rhine)
Cassel instead of Kassel
etc.
besides the fact that some city names just don't fit to the map location

i.e. Freiburg is located further north than Augsburg (should be Karlsruhe, Offenburg or Baden-Baden imo)

btw. nobody ever answered the question about which river that's supposed to be where Groningen is located. Nobody knows?

And another thing which might be gone in the next version anyway, the germans seem to have their settlermap expanded into Austria, but without having added the naming part (they found Essen in Austria, gets renamed to Lienz after the flip, Innsbruck would be better imo) But since that location is part of the Venetian start zone it's gonna change anyway.

btw. nobody ever answered the question about which river that's supposed to be where Groningen is located. Nobody knows?

Did someone ever question it? I've never seen this question. Anyway, it's the Ems

It was a long time ago :) beta 2 or so

I had assumed that it is the Ems, but the reason I had asked previously was that the Weser is missing in that case which is a much larger river.
I even posted an altered map with the Weser included at some point.(some peole liked it, It wasn't too much of a change)
though one problem would be that imo Groningen should stay west of the Ems and in my altered version the Netherlands shrink in that case

The last time I asked the whole discussion shifted towards something else and the idea got lost

found it, I focused on the part around the north sea, the Weser would start further southeast I think

Alright I've got a proposed map change in Greece. Just a few shifts to make it look more like the real deal. Possibly add one more resource to southern mainland Greece.

Real Map
Old Civ Map
New Civ Map

I know the difference is nominal, but with the terrain changes in the balkans, why not have a comprehensive look at realistic maps.

Attachments

• Greece!.png
    Greece!.png
    175.5 KB · Views: 153
  • Civ4ScreenShot0030.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0030.JPG
    196.6 KB · Views: 179
  • Civ4ScreenShot0031.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0031.JPG
    197 KB · Views: 255
Top Bottom