1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

This Thursday's live stream will be "special surprise". 2nd BE expansion maybe?

Discussion in 'CivBE - General Discussions' started by SupremacyKing2, Dec 8, 2015.

1. SupremacyKing2

SupremacyKing2 Deity

Firaxis tweeted that this Thursday's live stream will be a "special surprise". In the past, Thursday live streams have been about BE. Could we be getting an announcement about a second BE expansion already?

2. Eagle Pursuit

Eagle Pursuit Scir-Gerefa

Too soon for that I think. Maybe some kind of free content for BERT buyers ala the updated New World scenario that they released for BMW a few months after it released.

Kinda hoping for Civ 6, but I don't think it's the right venue for that announcement.

3. SupremacyKing2

SupremacyKing2 Deity

I definitely think the surprise will be related to BE since they are announcing it during the thursday live stream which traditionally has been the BE slot.

Yeah, you are probably right. It will probably be some special BE content that is not a full fledged expansion. New sponsors? New maps? New colonists/cargo options? New patch that adds something big? Hopefully, it will be something cool.

Maybe the surprise is starships 2? :p

I would love a civ6 announcement but you are right, a Thursday live stream would not be the right venue. Civ6 will be a huge announcement with lots of press, most likely at PAX or E3.

4. Eagle Pursuit

Eagle Pursuit Scir-Gerefa

I think this is how they launched Starships, and around the same time. Did they ever update it with RT leaders? It could be that.

5. x2Madda

x2Madda Prince

You are probably right on the money since the goal seems to be to make BE a franchise.
    A second expansion? Would I even care? I mean Rising Tide was okay but it just highlighted the issues of BE even more rather than opening up gameplay more.

That said, I really want the artifact system to be a staple of future Civ games. I think that feature alone is probably the best thing to come out of BE so far, which sounds pretty negative but they tried a lot of things and the fact they didn't work out to be brilliant just means we won't have to suffer them in Civ6.

If BE had never released and instead we got Civ6 but it played like how BE plays now, I think that would be more depressing but as it stands the common opinion seems to be "oh well, Civ6 will fix everything".

I hope they announce Civ6, in case I didn't make that obvious enough. :lol:

6. Ryika

Ryika Lazy Wannabe Artista

I'm pretty sure they'd announce Civ 6 in something bigger than a mid-week stream. :D

7. Breezin

Breezin Warlord

ARRG! Your flawless logic destroyed my hope...:)

8. Gritf

Gritf Chieftain

It could be a mini DLC, like exoplanets 2 or a single sponsor pack. Remember that their definition of special surprise sometimes comes as underwhelming to the public.

Or they could give us more XCOM, baby!

9. SupremacyKing2

SupremacyKing2 Deity

I would love it if they gave us more sponsors.

10. Lucius_

Lucius_ King

I would love it if they would fix the hall of fame. >.<

Haven't played a 2nd game since it broke. I like a record of my past accomplishments. :D

11. Westwall

Westwall Emperor

"BE was just an April Fool's joke that got out of hand, here's the real game."

12. Ryika

Ryika Lazy Wannabe Artista

1/10, too predictable. You're not evolving as an artist and just keep on doing your daily routine - be courageous and add some new ideas.

13. GeoModder

GeoModder Deity

:lol:

Won't find out until this Friday anyway.

14. SupremacyKing2

SupremacyKing2 Deity

Well, I am sure if you check this forum Thursday afternoon, you'll find out what the surprise is. :D

15. Lord Gruin

Lord Gruin Chieftain

If I remember correctly from the last Twitch showing, Pete said that the next session would be new stuff for XCOM 2. :blush:

16. SupremacyKing2

SupremacyKing2 Deity

No, they never updated Starships with the RT leaders AFAIK. But I don't think that is it unless Firaxis is planning a starships 2 or something. The only reason to update the game with RT leaders would be to get more starships sales which seems unlikely at this point. The game was a fun little mobile game when it was released but it is dead now. So, there would not be much point in just updating the game with RT leaders. But if they are planning a PC only Starships 2, that would definitely peek my interest.

17. SupremacyKing2

SupremacyKing2 Deity

You are right. So, I guess the surprise is a let's play of XCOM2?

Oh well, we shall see soon enough.

18. PhilBowles

PhilBowles Deity

Possibly they'll have been able to bring the release date forward a little?

19. CelJaded

CelJaded DENOUNCING!

Amen to that.

20. Darsnan

Darsnan King

And maybe an open beta for the second expansion so the devs can interact with feedback from the community.

Or additional modding tools, like a Scenario Generator?

D