This weeks UK release watch!

Max_x_fire

Civ Junkie
Thought I'd start up a new thread for us to keep an eye on things for the UK release.

My order on play.com is still saying 'Pre-order - release 4/11' I'll check it again later on...

Anyone else in the UK had any better luck?

════════════════════════
T-minus 5 days and counting!!
════════════════════════

Nope, nothing :cry:

And I can't even read Sullla's walkthrough :mad: . I am reading the SG's but it just isn't the same

ordered mine from amazon and im hoping it will get here early.

Lord Olleus said:
If you bought from Amazon, fat chance. :hammer:

How come a fat chance and a slim chance are actually the same? :confused:

Gameplay told me last week that they will receive the game for dispatch on wednesday, which sounds about right for receiving by or before Friday.

Another poster has reported seeing shelf edge tickets in Tesco stores for Civ4, but with "stock unavailable" at present, but if the stores receive stock before Friday copies might appear on shelves (one to watch).

The manager of my local Game store has promised me (if he's holding stock out back) to sell me a copy if I can prove another UK retailer is selling the game before Friday.

BeefBayford said:
It's out on Friday so it's T-4 days till blast off :hammer:
Doh! :blush:

Its too early on a monday morning for me (coffee hasnt kicked in yet!)

════════════════════════
T-Minus 4 days and counting!!
════════════════════════

I have a Play.com order too... here's hoping for a Friday delivery!! :D

Whether I can get hold of a copy before this weekend or not doesn't seem as important now as hoping that once I do start to play it runs ok without the horrendous problems that some people are experiencing.

My delivery from Gameplay says depatching between 2-3 Nov so Im hoping for Thurs/Fri delivery!

I've got play.com to. Does anybody have any previous experience with them? Do they usually dispatch on time?

Lord Olleus said:

I am more likely to become King Of England than you are to get an early copy from amazon!!

I ordered from play.com, reliable I must admit, even though they lied about the release date. I have pre-ordered 5 games from there and they all came on their release dates.

Yeah, Play.com are pretty reliable, they generally send things out as soon as they get stock as they claim it takes about 5 days to ship! but normally its like 2-3 days so alot of stuff comes out early!

I've bought a few games from them in the past and I've not been disappointed and the prices they have make it all the sweeter!!

Undertaker798 said:
I ordered from play.com, reliable I must admit, even though they lied about the release date. .

:lol: PLAY.COM DID NOT LIE ABOUT THE RELEASE DATE!! :crazyeye: :lol:

They didn't get told, like a lot of suppliers that it had been put back. The UK distiputors messed up, nothing to do with Play or any other retailer selling the game. The final decision to put back the release date was made by the DISTRIBUTOR on the Wednesday prior to 28/10/05. Bejezzus!

Well play are reliable as far as new DVD films are concerned ( in my opinion), but when it comes to games...less so. I pre-ordered doom 3 before release...but didn't recieve it till the following tuesday......4 days after release!

So all being well all you ''play'' people will probably recieve your copy next monday!.

If on the other hand you pre-ordered with gameplay ( more expensive though) you may get yours this wednesday at the earliest!!!

balearicrazy said:
:lol: PLAY.COM DID NOT LIE ABOUT THE RELEASE DATE!! :crazyeye: :lol:

They didn't get told, like a lot of suppliers that it had been put back. The UK distiputors messed up, nothing to do with Play or any other retailer selling the game. The final decision to put back the release date was made by the DISTRIBUTOR on the Wednesday prior to 28/10/05. Bejezzus!

I didn't know that, dont jump off your chariot, jeez...

Undertaker798 said:
I didn't know that, dont jump off your chariot, jeez...

Sorry, it's just that this has been discussed to the ends of the earth and people have made some serious knee jerk reactions without considering the full picture, like your above comments.

4 days to go and I turn my PC on.

I get a terrible noise from the hdd then 'System halted - Drive Failure'

I've never felt like crying so much.

Now, dilemma fans, I don't know whether to just get a new hdd or do a total rebuild.

my current spec = 1.7g p4, 512 RDR RAM, Radeon 9800SE, 40gb HDD (dead)

what would you do?

Top Bottom