1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

This weeks UK release watch!

Discussion in 'Civ4 - General Discussions' started by Max_x_fire, Oct 31, 2005.

1. Truronian

Truronian Quite unfamiliar Retired Moderator

I believe Play.com have a system which can get gams posted in a day, I've certainly had that before. I believe the conservative estimate is there in case of bad weather (which Wednesday had, unfortunately)

2. balearicrazy

balearicrazy Warlord

Fair enough, I have never had any from Play the day after posting though and I have over 150 orders with them, so you'll have to forgive a little bit of skepticism from me. I have had a few in 2 days but the vast majority where in 3 days.

Either way, I have had my post today and it wasn't in it.

3. Shevek

Shevek Prince

My Amazon order has now changed to 'Dispatching soon' too.
    Where does Amazon ship from? Is it Jersey too?

Cross fingers for delivery tomorrow.
    With all this waiting and excitement I will be too exhausted to play when it finally arrives. Uuuhh.

4. thompiddock

thompiddock Chieftain

got mine a minute ago! ordered from lovely gameplay.

:cool:

im too excited to install yet, ive just been taking photos of myself with the case and sending it to my friends who dont have it yet.:mischief:

5. Shevek

Shevek Prince

I'm sure your friends will really appreciate that. :rolleyes:

6. balearicrazy

balearicrazy Warlord

There is such a thing as Amazon Jersey, however if you have ordered from Amazon.co.uk and didn't select the option to have it shipping from Amazon Jersey (if it was available to you) which would have meant it would have been cheaper, then no your order should be dispatched from within mainland UK. Therefore if it dispatches today, you probably can look forward to receiving it tomorrow.

7. BeefBayford

BeefBayford Going Steady

I'm really starting to wish I ordered from gameplay now :mad: How could we resist £17.99 though!:mischief:

8. Daze

Daze Chieftain

gameplay just delivered mine too. Now how do I get out of work for the rest of the day:confused: (week, month, year...)

9. robers7

robers7 Chieftain

Amazon's main depot is just outside Milton Keynes.

My brother in South Wales has just received his copy from Amazon, and the annoying this is that he didn't select first class delivery!!! I still haven't got mine from Amazon and I did select first class delivery.... :sad:

Apparently, according to my brother, with pre-release they deliver in advance in order to get the game to you on release day. Therefore, if you select first class they will dispatch the day before release. However, if you select normal shipping (which is free on orders over £15) they will dispatch 4 days before to get there on release day.

10. balearicrazy

balearicrazy Warlord

Theres some handy tips in the movie Fight Club.

11. Velvet-Glove

Velvet-Glove Prince

My postie just walked by the house... no delivery from play.com today for me. :cry:

Oh well, I will just have to stalk him tomorrow... and the day after that if necessary. ;)

12. Ice

Ice Chieftain

Yeah I have had the same experience with Play, some stuff in 2 days, most in 3.

13. Fraz

Fraz Chieftain

My gameplay order just arrived a couple of minutes ago. Only 6 hours to go till I finish work.

On top of that the new GTA game arrived too. There aren't enough hours in the day to play all this stuff :cry:

14. RogueTrader

RogueTrader Chieftain

Nothing from Play.com today. I thought I'd have it delivered at my work place just incase the postie can't fit it through my letterbox and sends me a "I tried to ram this parcel through your letterbox but it's too big you now have to pick it up from our sorting office which is a bu**er to get to" card.

I knew that getting it after one day after dispatch is asking too much, especially when the Royal Mail ferry doesn't leave for the mainland until Friday! :)

I hope it comes tomorrow, because I am doing my best to nuture this bout of flu and I can see myself off soon (just not tomorrow in case it arrives at work)

15. rchddap

rchddap Chieftain

Chances are it will have been flown out last night and should be on the mainland today. Today it will be sorted and dispatched to the relevant postal areas. Hence the soonest is a 2 day delivery.

Doubt that they will ferry out the parcels.

16. ComradeDavo

ComradeDavo Formerly God

Damn, that doesn't bode well for me then! I still haven't had post yet. But you haven't had it in Bristol today then not likely i'll get it in Bath. And of course the postman could have been and just not delivered anything (but not likely, there's always something to put through).

17. ParanoidPig

ParanoidPig Chieftain

Even though i havn't ordered it myself yet, i knew ordering it from gameplay was a safer bet at getting it earlier than play.com........even though play is cheaper

18. balearicrazy

balearicrazy Warlord

Actually I am having it delivered to a Bath address as I work there, on Lower Bristol Road.

Here's hoping for a delivery tomorrow, howeve it is far more likely to be Saturday morning.

19. balearicrazy

balearicrazy Warlord

That is because Play is in Jersey making their prices cheaper. Not because one service is better than the other, you just have to weigh your options.

20. ComradeDavo

ComradeDavo Formerly God

Damn, no chance for me then! Where do you work by the way?