This weeks UK release watch!

In the past I have pre-ordered games from play and they have shipped on the Monday, being with me on Wednesday. it does depend on when they ship the goods as to whether they get it to you before gameplay or not.

Just checked my e-mail... Amazon has dispatched! YIPPEE!!!

No dispatch e-mail from Amazon before I left for work :(
Think I'll just go check on the status anyway.... "Dispatching soon". Hmm.

ComradeDavo said:
Postwomen just went past my house:(

You should offer to make her a cup of tea or coffee and be friendly to her. Then get her to get up extra extra early tomorrow and make sure she delivers your copy of Civ4 to you before she does anyone else's deliveries... Unless of course you live in Oxford, then don't do it! as I want mine first! :)

My amazon still says:

Items dispatching soon:
Delivery estimate: 3 Nov 2005 - 4 Nov 2005

But theres no way its going to get here for tomorrow (4th) if they dont send it off today!! And Ive just checked my email and nothing!! How rue

:crazyeye: They just want me too go mad waiting!!

Hugs,

Antony

Amazon has now dispatched my copy too. :dance:
Hope to get it tomorrow :cross fingers:

Amazon have dispatched my copy!!! :band:

Hopefully get it tomorrow by first class...

Grrrr....Just hope amazon dont run out like Play.com did!!

ME HOPING and PRAYING that it is dispatched today, come on Amazon employees...work...please...lol.

Antony.

robers7 said:
Amazon have dispatched my copy!!! :band:

Hopefully get it tomorrow by first class...

I don't mean to rain on your parade, but last week they (Amazon) dispatched X3: Reunion on Thursday, but I didn't get it until Saturday and I had asked for 1st class postage. :(

A colleague of mine got an email from Play yesterday at 6pm saying that his package of Futurama was dispatched, and the bastard got it today!!!!!!! I asked him if my copy of Civ 4 was in the box, and he said it wasn't!

RogueTrader said:
I don't mean to rain on your parade, but last week they (Amazon) dispatched X3: Reunion on Thursday, but I didn't get it until Saturday and I had asked for 1st class postage. :(

A colleague of mine got an email from Play yesterday at 6pm saying that his package of Futurama was dispatched, and the bastard got it today!!!!!!! I asked him if my copy of Civ 4 was in the box, and he said it wasn't!

I know what you mean. fortunately, I only live about 30miles from the Amazon warehouse, so I usually get stuff within 24hrs.

Do Play.com use delivery services (i.e. ParcelForce.) or the normal post to deliver their items?

I ordered from Gameplay so Im hoping that I have a nice shiny package waiting for me after I finish work.

Huzzar!

robers7 said:
I can confirm that two Tesco stores in Hampshire have Civ 4 on their shelves, as does one store in East Sussex (where my cousin lives) and another in Newport, South Wales. The Tesco Extra stores are selling it for £24.99'ish, making it comparable to some online prices.

Since I've ordered from Amazon (which is apparently "Dispatching Soon") I'll be waiting until Friday anyway....

Was this ever true? The Tesco's round my way doesn't sell it. The release in Europe has just been a complete &@^%-up. How come most of the rest of Europe got Civ4 before the UK.

Oh well, one more day.

Tescos in Guildford doesn't sell it, and in fact, doesn't seem to sell any PC games at all anymore. I've got it ordered from Amazon; same as other people it says deliverying today or tomorrow, but as yet has not been dispatched. Chances are high I'll end up buying it from GAME tomorrow morning, since that's right next to my bus to work... :D I'll end up with two copies, but at least I'll ensure I get it for the weekend, lol! :) And I can always sell the other one on...

antonysimpson said:
Grrrr....Just hope amazon dont run out like Play.com did!!

ME HOPING and PRAYING that it is dispatched today, come on Amazon employees...work...please...lol.

Antony.

Ah... yes, about that, it was me who said Play.com has run out but apparently I was wrong and everybodies got dispatched by them yesterday.

Undertaker798 said:
Do Play.com use delivery services (i.e. ParcelForce.) or the normal post to deliver their items?

Normal post. They occasionally use recorded post however the general feeling is that they only use it on orders of £25 or over. However saying this somebody else did tell us they did it on a £16.99 order that they made.

Top Bottom