Tholal's Pyre Zombie/Sons of Asena fix (unofficial patch "p")

Nor'easter

Emperor
Here's Tholal's unofficial fix for the problem with Sons of Asena exploding and Pyre Zombies not.

Maybe a moderator can sticky this, so people can find it easily?

Thank you.

This should be stickied until such a time as any potential patch "p" comes out (which might be the same time Hyborem spans in ice).

stick it please!

I've read about this bug a bunch of times, and have always wondered what the modders would have been changing that would have led them to change this. (since this would involve somehow deleting or moving one line in the XML that isn't used for anything else.).

Thanks, The_J.

I've never started a thread before that needed to be stickied, so didn't know what the protocol was, sorry.

Anyway, thanks for stickying the thread.

Does anyone know - does this simple fix the sone of Asena/Pyre Zombie issue, or does it add other features? It seems to me that the AI has gotten tougher when I installed this fix.

Best wishes,

Breunor

I'd urge you to play Tholal'd modmod Breunor, the AI is a lot better there ;)

the one thing I really, really miss compared to the larger modmods is the absence of BUG and the stop growth buttons.

[to_xp]Gekko;10540927 said:
I'd urge you to play Tholal'd modmod Breunor, the AI is a lot better there ;)

the one thing I really, really miss compared to the larger modmods is the absence of BUG and the stop growth buttons.

Well, I'm having problems beating the AI as it is!

Anyway, can you play it as a Mod (instead of overwriting the 'core' files?)?

Best wishes,

Breunor

Well, I'm having problems beating the AI as it is!

Anyway, can you play it as a Mod (instead of overwriting the 'core' files?)?

I like to think that the AI in my mod is also more fun to play against in addition to being smarter.

If you don't want to install over the normal installation, run another install of FFH to a different directory and then install my mod into that folder.

I like to think that the AI in my mod is also more fun to play against in addition to being smarter.

If you don't want to install over the normal installation, run another install of FFH to a different directory and then install my mod into that folder.

Thanks Tholal!

Best wishes,

Breunor

So Bruenor, are you playing with Tholal's patch or without, or do you have both installed?

I'm not playing FfH (or a mod) right now. I won't override my 'regular' files, since I still want to be able to help people with issues with their games. I haven't decided what I'll play next. I may play Tholal's, I may try some of the other mods. But we shouldn't post these kinds of messages on this thread.

Best wishes,

Breunor

Oh, well it was kinda relevant because I wanted to know if you were equipped to troubleshoot problems with a Tholal-patched FfH savegame. Not now, but for future reference.

:)

Oh, well, if a lot of people do have these problems of course I'll try it.

Best wishes,

Breunor

As I recall, it does.

Top Bottom