1. We have added the ability to collapse/expand forum categories and widgets on forum home.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Photobucket has changed its policy concerning hotlinking images and now requires an account with a $399.00 annual fee to allow hotlink. More information is available at: this link.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. All Civ avatars are brought back and available for selection in the Avatar Gallery! There are 945 avatars total.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. To make the site more secure, we have installed SSL certificates and enabled HTTPS for both the main site and forums.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Civ6 is released! Order now! (Amazon US | Amazon UK | Amazon CA | Amazon DE | Amazon FR)
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Dismiss Notice
  7. Forum account upgrades are available for ad-free browsing.
    Dismiss Notice

Tholal's Pyre Zombie/Sons of Asena fix (unofficial patch "p")

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Fall from Heaven' started by Nor'easter, Apr 19, 2011.

1. Landmonitor

Landmonitor Chieftain

Thanks for the response. That's too bad, but I will try anyway (its just a tiny XML change... how could that affect anything? :))

Too bad. Interestingly, I am in a game where I am sandwhiched between the Doviello and the Sheaim... I chose to fight the Doviello first. My choice was based in part on their lack of pyre zombies and it (their lack of pyre zombies) very much steered how I chose to engage them. I think that is faux irony.

2. Landmonitor

Landmonitor Chieftain

It did not break saves. I am happily slaughtering Sons of Asena on the grasslands plain I cleared forests from near my capital. They are not exploding and trashing my siege trains.

I will have firebows by the time I declare on the Sheaim.

3. OzzyKP

OzzyKP Chieftain

Thanks for the fix. :goodjob:

4. Kiech

Kiech Chieftain

Can someone (who knows how) make one install file that includes the patches? Its a little hard to get new/returning players when the necessary files are all over the place. We shouldn't require a scavenger hunt just to play FFH2.

Additionally a one-step install for MNAI (so we don't have to install base FFH2 first) would be sweet.
    Thank you!

5. ClasuSiosa

ClasuSiosa Thespian of the Sword

I just tried to DL the fix and it didn't work.
    My tech savvy brother said it was broken.

When I clicked download it had me DL attachment.php not the fix zip file. We tried to open up the .php but it didn't work.

6. Nor'easter

Nor'easter Chieftain

I just tried and it downloaded as a zip file, so maybe give it another try?

7. ClasuSiosa

I tried again, same problem.

Im guessing it has to do with the parental controls in the firewall on this computer (Im on my kid brother's computer).

I will have to try from another computer some time.

8. Nor'easter

Nor'easter Chieftain

It could also be whatever anti-virus or internet security program the computer is using. I've sometimes had difficulty with downloading mods, or modmods, or patches, especially if they're new or don't have very many downloads, because they're relatively unknown and the internet security program blocks them or quarantines them. If that's what's happening to you, there might be a way to override what your security program is doing.

9. ClasuSiosa

I tried using a different browser.
    Worked.

Apparently Internet Explorer just couldn't handle it...
    Thankfully I also have Chrome.

10. Tielby

Tielby Chieftain

*shudder*