Those Darn English

Discussion in 'Civ3 - Stories & Tales' started by Buecephalus, Jan 7, 2002.

1. Buecephalus

Buecephalus Bolo Mark XXV

I was playing a quick conquest game (tiny, continental, roaming) with 3 other civs (French, Zulu, English) I was playing the Chinese.
    I wiped out the Zulus first, luckily I got an iron deposit next to my capital, with archers and then swordsmen. I moved on to the French and finished them off just before 1 AD. Elizabeth had a continent all to herself so she'd covered the whole thing plus a couple of small islands. She'd also started on the smallest of the 3 existing continents. I drop a few settlers in amongst hers and start building riders while waiting for the Lighthouse to get finished. Finally it's done and I take the fight to her. Using riders and at the very end Cavalry I raze her whole continent.
    At the end she had only one city left on a small island. As I approached the city with 4 divisions of cavalry I hailed her.
    "I assume you are here to surrender Mao?" she says. :lol:

I laughed my butt off, I say, "We urge you to discuss peace while there's still time." She says, "well, it appears you do have the upper hand for now."

A turn later I killed her. I just thought that response was funny.

"do or do not, there is no try."

2. puglover

puglover Disturber of Worldviews

Whoa! That's hillarious!