Those Darn States: Mafia SIGN-UPS

Earthling

Deity
This is the SIGN-UP THREAD for:

Those Darn States: A Mafia Game

You felt a gut wrenching sensation. And more. It tore at everything you thought anchored you to reality. And then, when you were able, you finally stood, and looked around at this seemingly deserted town in the middle of vast fields of grain.

But there were others. You found them after a while…all told, a quite large group. No one knew where they were, what in the world was going on, and already it seemed like fights would break out.

All this halted, however, when right before everyone’s eyes another rift opened, and the form of a man appeared. With a loud bang the effect disappeared and he fell before everyone on the hard, flat ground.

There could be no mistaking who was now before you – even if, to many, it seemed impossible. They’d been brought here against their will and away from the lives and struggles they knew, and apparently he had too.

Standing before the confused group was Captain America, dauntless hero and crusader for justice. Though it was immediate obvious he did not look well. Bruised, cut, beaten, bleeding, he seemed as unsure what was going to happen as the rest. He dropped his SHIELD to the ground and it lay there as he mustered strength to speak:

“You face a grave danger. The conflict you are now part of is greater than any you’ve known before. But it is essential that you prevail. There are villains, evildoers, and enemies among you, we must find them out, defeat them, and escape back to your own reality.”

Here already his voice seemed raspy; he paused to gather his wits. He began again: “Listen, I…” but was cut off as with another bang, he simply once more disappeared into thin air.

BASIC GAME DETAILS
There are 50 spots available. I am hoping to fill them all but could adjust to a few more or less if needed. So sign up and join the fray, Maggots!

GAME PHASES Have been decided on.
The Game is divided into alternating DAY and NIGHT Phases. DAY is 48 hours long. Night is 24 hours long. All Phases end and Updates take place at around GMT 2:00 AM. This should correspond to 9:00 US Eastern Standard Time, or, identically, every 48 or 24 hours from the last update, officially on the hour. Talking Is Allowed on the public thread both during the Day and at Night.

FACTIONS
The United States (Innocent) faction is the Innocent faction which a majority of you will belong to. Note that every character is part of some faction and alignment, with their own victories and goals.

STRENGTH
Every player in the game has a Strength stat. This influences a number of actions, including lynches. Strength may be modified in a various ways; your Strength will always be listed as
Base Strength (Effective Strength)

ITEMS AND ABILITIES
Players will have items, abilities, and other effects usable to influence the game. For anything which is not passive, I as the GM must receive a PM at the appropriate time detailing your action.

Generally, the number of actions a player may take can be limited – this includes activating or otherwise using items, and transferring items between players, along with of course abilities. Items may be publicly revealed to put up to a vote by the next update as a free action.

LYNCHES
Every player may Vote during the Day Phase for one player to be lynched by the town. Votes must be bolded; retractions struck through. Voting is not mandatory but highly encouraged – by both myself and I’m sure many fellow players.

There are NO support votes. However, players Abstaining – not the same as not voting (also doesn't have to be green)– count as effectively voting for “no lynch to occur”

Finally, be aware that Lynches and other actions, in general, are NOT guaranteed to happen cleanly or exactly as you may think they are described. This could be due to a variety of factors, Strength being a major one, so players are encouraged to be aware of the risks.

GENERAL RULES (Thanks to various precedents that make this easier)

1) Be active and participate! You do yourself and everyone else a favor by contributing to the game. Communication with other players is key. Feel free to use the CFC PM system as well as other methods of communicating if you wish.
2) However, you must follow this rule: Never quote, copy, paste, forfeit, or otherwise try to present anything sent to you from me, the GM. You may paraphrase information like who you are and your abilities but not quote your Role PM or other GM info.
3) Quoting, forwarding, etc… of communications from other players in the game IS PERMITTED. Be aware of how others may be trying to manipulate your information. But also, be reasonable to your fellow players and paraphrase when necessary.
4) Players who are dead may post in the public thread and comment on already public information in a way that does not overly influence the living. They may not communicate novel information about themselves or others. The dead will otherwise comply will all instructions from the GM, including no other contact outside the game thread in any way with any living players or otherwise further participating in the game in an influential manner.
4a) ALL players will be diligent in checking for PMs from the GM and following GM instructions before other actions- Especially with each Day/Night update. It would be unfortunate to see a situation where a player dies and has not read the PM telling them they are dead or something similar resulting in inappropriate game-thread posting. Dead players may be further informed of circumstances regarding what they are allowed to do/say – so everyone be careful you don’t get privileges like being able to comment at all while dead removed for everyone.
5) Before each Game Update there may be a lockout period where posting is disallowed; it will be mentioned by the GM. Players are encouraged to avoid last minute posting/voting etc… if at all possible, though of course the GM will try to count everything before the time for a writeup cutoff. Note: Players MAY talk on the game-thread during the NIGHT PHASE of the Game, as the Rules stand currently.
6) Roleplaying is encouraged in thread and outside of it too. And of course, you should chiefly aim to achieve your character’s goals and victories however you see best see fit. Try to avoid outside baggage and play within the spirit of the game.
7) Abide by all Forum rules at all times.
8) Always feel free to ask me for clarifications on anything. I can’t promise every question will be answered, but if you ever feel I’ve made a mistake or need something made clearer, feel free to ask.
9) Don’t be afraid to think outside the box…and have fun and good luck

IN but if you are looking for 50 people and planning to start it after LOTR mafia, you really should've made this thread a weelk ago I think.

I'm In, sounds like fun. Try advertising in other threads.

I've had this ready 2-ish weeks and was waiting for others if they were going to start there games first (*cough*)- but anyway, I expect sign-ups here to take about a week, (and Camikaze's game isn't done) so yes, I'll have time to advertise for players.

I'm in.

In to hit on the Black Widow.

How can I resist. I'm in. I think I'd actually vote for the 36 and 36 , because I have a consistent 27 hour black-out once each week due to RL, so the 36 allows me time to send in actions/defend myself.

I think I will join in this game and possibly Pick your poison as well.

In Soviet Russia, game joins YOU !!

I'll be in, but I need to bulk up on mafia etiquette first.

Top Bottom