Those Darn States: Mafia SIGN-UPS

I guess I'll make this my triumphant return to Forum Games. IN.

Glad to have you onboard too; same for all who've signed up.

Anyway, some continued clarifications/announcements:

My position remains that I'd like to have all spots filled, that's currently 50, and anyone is welcome! I'm rather thinking few people have much idea what the game will be about, partly thanks to me of course, maybe one or two who've scoured over what I've said and think they have clues in advance... So I'm not going to boast but I really hope I can assure you that when things get going everyone will have a great time! In fact, if it's looking we get all the spots filled, I even have a little extra bonus/incentive ready to go for you all. ;)

For those who are already signed up - if the updated list isn't accurate - either I left you off, or you're not actually in (cough Perfection) then tell me.

Lastly, if anyone has more ideas on how the game timing should work - please share if you feel strongly one way or another. It's looking like this game will get started, provided we have signups, in a week or by the next Monday (March 15), not stepping on the toes of others' games. The 72-hour structure will hopefully remain the rest of the time so be prepared and don't regret if you forgot something relevant to that choice!

Edit: nice xpost...but yes, thanks for your observations anyway. Please avoid the puddles of sun-puke for now, I'm hoping to resolve that situation shortly.

Well, you seem to have missed LightFang.

EDIT: Crosspost- sort of- with your first post edit.

And here I thought he was glad to have me onboard. :(

I am. He just caught me like right before the first page listed edited; great to have you and more new signups

Let me be clear on this again then, though, so no players are concerned. The current situation with Perfection will have no relevance to the actual game, us being party of a not-so-secret secret society of cool people notwithstanding, nor will anything like me giving Perfection a super serial killer role be guaranteed. And that's especially so if he's not playing the game :mischief:

Well, still looking for some more, again if the current player list is right (as in, there may be some people here who aren't actually "in" - I'll resolve over PM I guess).

A few roles could be scaled down or cut but we definitely need more than this. Otherwise ready to go, hopefully in less than a week we can get the signups and that should work out as far as I can tell with other games starting/ending.

Have you tried inviting people via PM? For the LOTR game, I sent over 50 invitation PMs before I got enough people. That course of action is recommended.

You might want to make sure you have a good number of reserves, too, judging from what happened in Camikaze's game. 5 used and still 5 people had to be WOG'ed.

Yes, I might have to put a lot of effort into continuing heavy recruiting mode, and definitely could use reserves... But just to :bump: and assure everyone I've not forgotten about this game- I do think it's fair to all potential players to honestly lay out my thoughts though:

I'd like to get a full roster of players, and of course it goes without saying that I hope my running of this game doesn't overlap or interefere with too many others' games nor cause time constraint problems. And again, this one is ready to go and I think it has some great entertainment and action ahead, but, with regards to where things stand now:

-If we can get 45+ players, I think everything goes off perfectly without a hitch. :please:
-If the number of players is a bit fewer, say 40-45, the game should still be set up with some minor balance changes but I don't think anyone will really notice, it'll be a large, epic Mafia game anyway.
-If the signups are fewer than that, I'd still be willing to offer two options - get however many more players we can and rebalance/redefine some roles and game concepts; I think it would naturally remain a fun and workable game. Or, I could simply postpone the game/keep waiting depending on what else is going on. I would likely keep waiting/postponing/defer to another GM's game as a default but I realize I do not want to be unfair to currently signed up players' expectations, and after all, the game isn't for the GM's benefit but the players. Hope it won't come down to this anyway.

I am still willing to offer a special, Day -1 surprise if we get more signups too; this would be a choice everyone can vote on with slight pro-Innocent results with any decision of course, but for now I'll still withhold that until we get more.

Lastly if any players have any more concerns or questions feel free to PM me to ask again; otherwise the signups on the first page are still accurate as of now but there's a couple I think I ought to hear back from and you know who you are.

I'll be in, but I'm not exactly sure what I'm doing :lol:

We still have to wait another couple of days for the LOTR game to finish anyway.

Oh, and BTW, you have Krill on the sign-up list twice, and Diamondeye not on it at all. :p

Us? Reprisals? Never!

Ok, fixed and updated sign-ups again. Sorry for any confusion but just feel free to keep pointing out. :blush:
The problem is, if you wait too long to start, you'll end up having currently signed up players lose interest and walk away from the game.
Yes, I do agree here and I don't want to be unfair to make people wait - or hurry or pressure another GM or something given several other games still being in preparation. So if we don't quite hit the goal of player recruitment but get somewhere in the high 30s to 40s then as I said I would be willing to rebalance and scale some things in the game. I can't explain further with regards to that now of course but I will say I don't think this will result in a real drop in quality of the game at all, though the more sign-ups the easier it is.

IN please! :goodjob:

Top Bottom