1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

[BERT] Three Diplomacy Questions, and One About Quests

Discussion in 'CivBE - General Discussions' started by vorlon_mi, Feb 11, 2020.

1. vorlon_mi

vorlon_mi Just One More Turn

Diplomacy Questions:
    1. Is there a way to view how the AI leaders feel about *each other*? The summary shows how they feel about me, but I would like to know who is allied with whom, who is at war with whom. Other games in the franchise have a way to display the relationships, and I haven't found that in BERT yet.
    2. Among the available diplomatic agreements, I don't see some of those from other games in the franchise. I don't see any way to sell or buy techs, or to trade resources. Did I miss it, or did they remove that for BE and RT?
    3. One can trade resources in the Black Market. How does that work? For how many turns? Say I buy some Floatstone on the Black Market ... is there any risk that my supply might end before the N turns completes? If I sell a surplus resource on the BM, and lose control of it (say, due to pillaging or war) do I suffer some kind of penalty?
    Quest: On the map, I usually receive a quest to "clean 5 fungi" or "mine 5 meteor craters." I have no trouble finding and completing the action on the small ones, but can I perform the quest action on the "Big One"? Usually there is one colossal fungus or meteor crater, that occupies 3 or more tiles. Can those be used also?

2. legalizefreedom

legalizefreedom Inefficiency Expert

1. When in the diplomacy screen, select them on the left margin and the other leaders dots will display their relation status.
    2. No direct tech or resource trading. When you send trade routes to other civs, science and resources are a part of that.
    3. I very seldom deal with the BM, but it amounts to sending a spy for resources which never seems worth it compared to what that spy can do otherwise. I don't know about the details, but I would assume the BM isn't affected by anything except for your desire to use it.

The big features are used to start the biome quest and can't be used to further the quest itself. As soon as anyone discovers the big feature the quest starts for everyone.

3. vorlon_mi

vorlon_mi Just One More Turn

Follow-up on 1)
    So I open that screen, click on (say) Suzanne Fielding from ARC. Her image gets bigger, and I can see more details about her, her respect/fear status, etc. Are you saying that I can look back at the small panel with the other leaders, and their dots will change to show their status with *her*? I thought that they always showed their status with me.

4. legalizefreedom

legalizefreedom Inefficiency Expert

That is correct.