1. We have added the ability to collapse/expand forum categories and widgets on forum home.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. All Civ avatars are brought back and available for selection in the Avatar Gallery! There are 945 avatars total.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. To make the site more secure, we have installed SSL certificates and enabled HTTPS for both the main site and forums.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Civ6 is released! Order now! (Amazon US | Amazon UK | Amazon CA | Amazon DE | Amazon FR)
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Dismiss Notice
  6. Forum account upgrades are available for ad-free browsing.
    Dismiss Notice

Three lovely America starts for you

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Rhye's and Fall of Civilization' started by JoeyB98, Feb 24, 2013.

1. JoeyB98

JoeyB98 King of Ohio

Here are 3 America 3000 BC starts. They are all latest version, starting 1775 AD. There is one for each difficulty level.

Viceroy:
    • Heavily divided North America
    • Surviving Carthage
    • Greece fighting for independence
    • Arabs in the Bosphorous

Monarch:
    • Largely French Americas
    • Persia fighting for independence
    • Super-Germany

Emperor:
    • Nigh-empty North America
    • Barbarian Aztecs
    • Russia conquered by Germany
    • Super-Ottomans
    • Super-India

Have fun!

Attached Files:

2. Firexia

Firexia Chieftain

That Viceroy start... I've never seen anything like it. There's heavy colonization, but what surprises me most? Japan. It's fully colonized the Philippines, and even built San Francisco (which, for some reason, you forgot to mention)! Unfortunately, America's not too well off, what with France blocking the way to the west. But still, I haven't seen Japan be that successful ever! Usually they just settle Toyohara and Botankou, and occasionally that useless Philippines city north of the mountain (Raoagu). And, to top it off their city placement in Nihon itself isn't half bad! There are no crammed cities like it normally builds - they're all spaced out. I could go on and on about how Japan is so awesome in this game - but, you know, I think I already did. :p

And also, a crazy America save that I generated: View attachment Viceroy 2.CivBeyondSwordSave

3. JoeyB98

JoeyB98 King of Ohio

I did say North America was heavily divided... :p

4. soul-breathing

soul-breathing Chieftain

svn451 or doc v1.10?

sorry, my mistake, it's rfc1187 not doc, yes?

5. JoeyB98

JoeyB98 King of Ohio

Correct, it should be the most recent vanilla RFC.

6. chrisddickey

chrisddickey Chieftain

Thanks for posting these starts! My computer is VERY slow and it takes me forever to start an America game even autoplaying from the AD start, let alone the BC start.

A few comments about the Emperor America start included. You will not be able to get a UHV as Germany builds the statue of liberty on turn 8 after you start. I assume it is already being built when America is founded.

As stated, When the game starts, North America is largely empty, but the French will show up to colonize New Orleans on turn 3. If you put a settler on a galleon and go straight there you can found New Orleans a half turn before them, but that just diverts them to Mexico where they dig in like a tick and are very hard to dislodge as they have better tech and in my game got Infantry long before I did.

I also was unable to build the Pentagon, UN, or any other WW until I managed to build the space elevator on my way to a space-race victory. My game was definitely a game of catch-up, trying to build the great American economic engine that allowed me to zoom ahead at the very last.

My spaceship arrived about 8 turns before the 2020 time limit, and while it was in flight I went and kicked the Portuguese out of South America so that I had the high score as well (I wish that the game gave credit for achieving multiple victory conditions). While my space-ship was in flight India, Mongolia and one other Civ (I forget who) finished their spaceships as well, so it was a tight race.

Good gaming,

7. JoeyB98

JoeyB98 King of Ohio

Glad you enjoyed it!

8. kennyrichie

kennyrichie Chieftain

I am ver new at this Civilization Rhye's and Fall game but when I try to play your viceroy game I get this error that says that "I cannot load 302. I need 301 or lower. Loading Issue".

Could you help me with this please :crazyeye:

9. awesome

awesome Chieftain

I realize this is an old thread, but I've seen Japan be fairly strong tons of times. It usually settles that city in Vancouver, though.