Three simple suggestions.

riley555

Chieftain
I posted these ideas for Conquests a few months back hoping to see them in the patch after 1.22. Unfortunetly I learned that Firaxis didn't care to fix the broken game of Conquests. So i've decided to post them here for Civ4.

1. One thing I think would be really cool would be if you added a casualty report system. After a war is over have a casualty report that pops up on how many people, military units, buildings etc were lost on each side involved in the conflict. This would not only be cool, but it would give you more incentive and you could look over the results of that war and think up new tactics according to what your overall military objectives in the game are.

2. Also add a "Spy plane" unit that would enable you to get an aerial view of another players city.

3. A cooperative system with allies would be nice too. For example if you and another player are at war with someone you could make military plans together, stuff like that.

Note: I just learned that "Empire earth II" used a warplanning system so you could just make something similiar to theres. I had some other good ideas. When I remember them i'll jot them down here.

With the cooperative military planning, I think that you should be able to gain control of an AI's units (but nothing else) and be aloud to only attack the nations already at war with them. Obviously, this type of alliance shouldn't be very easy at all to obtain otherwise it could lead to tons of unfair advantages to the human player.

riley555 said:
1. One thing I think would be really cool would be if you added a casualty report system. After a war is over have a casualty report that pops up on how many people, military units, buildings etc were lost on each side involved in the conflict. This would not only be cool, but it would give you more incentive and you could look over the results of that war and think up new tactics according to what your overall military objectives in the game are.

This would be cool feature for a more historical perspective. I also feel that it could add into game play, but im struggling to come up with concrete examples. It could be used in Diplomacy (France, we spent 100 units to help you reclaim your territory. OR GERMANY, We took over Spain with minor loss (3 units and they lost 300 units and we can do the same with you if you continue to invade our territory.)

riley555 said:
2. Also add a "Spy plane" unit that would enable you to get an aerial view of another players city.

I think a better way to incorporate what you are suggesting is through the use of a comphrensive Intelligence system. Meaning, the player is not actually pulling the strings of what operations is going. The player allocates the number of finances going into intelligence. A pop-up menu will then pop up and say something like: "Our Intelligence Agents have broken the German Code and we now know the location of all of the German's Submarines because we have an agent in the German Submarine forces.

I would also be in favor of a spy plane that will reveal any location world wide in the final ages. Earlier stages will still have spy planes just not as long range or benefitial.

3. A cooperative system with allies would be nice too. For example if you and another player are at war with someone you could make military plans together, stuff like that.

Note: I just learned that "Empire earth II" used a warplanning system so you could just make something similiar to theres. I had some other good ideas. When I remember them i'll jot them down here.

They definitately need to improve the sophistication of the diplomacy and cooperation.

riley555 said:

If you are referring to things like the U2, I am all for it. That means you could build it sometime in the middle-Nuclear Era. They pretty much have global range, so the area you choose for that turn would get a thurough fly-over constantly. Of course if it passes over their controlled airspace(SAM batteries), there is a chance for it to be downed. That might violate treaties or not.

This would be seperate from a comprehensive intelligence system, which is an option for current and past times.

sir_schwick said:
Of course if it passes over their controlled airspace(SAM batteries), there is a chance for it to be downed. That might violate treaties or not.

That has bugged me for sometime in Naval and Air spectrums that I cannot force enemies out of in the middle of their turn. I can only control my territory if they remain in my territory at the begining of my turn. This is especially bad with air units, since they NEVER end their turn in enemy air space. Thus, they can visit my territory every turn, at will.

The casulty report would be great. In my actual civ3 game, I am at war with Rome, they were reduced to 4-5 cities, I took all their core, and they would pay me 10 gpt for peace! Makes no sense!

"Also add a "Spy plane" unit that would enable you to get an aerial view of another players city."

What I meant by this is to have a unit that gives you an aerial view, not intelligence. Because often in C3C after bombing I wanted to get an aerial view of the enemy city just to see the kind of damage done to enemy buildings. I like the ideas you guys are throwing in. It's interesting.

A cooperative war would have limited advantage if a human was forced to accept an AI "Supreme Commander", but it would give the haman a shot at beating an extremely powerful enemy.

riley555 said:
"Also add a "Spy plane" unit that would enable you to get an aerial view of another players city."

What I meant by this is to have a unit that gives you an aerial view, not intelligence. Because often in C3C after bombing I wanted to get an aerial view of the enemy city just to see the kind of damage done to enemy buildings. I like the ideas you guys are throwing in. It's interesting.

That's exactly what Intelligence does! Intelligence notifies what to hit, how to hit, and what the results were.

Top Bottom