Three stages of jihad

That paints a very one-sided picture of the 1948 War. The reality of the conflict between Arabs and Jews was an intercommunal one, in which paramilitaries attacked each other, the British, and civilians. A definition of racism that is only applicable in retrospect, with the knowledge that the Jews were victorious in the conflict, does not seem like a useful or even an honest one.

That conclusion doesn't follow. You argued that violent Muslims ignore important 'bits' of the Qu'ran, just as peaceful Muslims do. It should then follow that neither are good Muslims, since they both 'ignore important bits' of the Qu'ran.

And the same might be applied to the Bible.

But this is key: IS and other loonies do not simply 'ignore important bits' of the Qu'ran. They simply don't observe quite a lot of rules that apply to the devout Muslim. Ergo they are not good Muslims. They claim a 'holy war', but mostly they kill and terrorize Muslims. Any Muslim will know that that is neither 'holy', nor in accordance with the Qu'ran (violent bits or no).

(I'm not sure if this applies to the Bible equally, as it's quite a violent book.)

This thread isn't about the Bible or Christianity.

Indeed, Islam has many inherent contradiction which make what is or is not a "good Muslim" very unclear. Many peaceful, devout Muslims also don't follow all the rules either. The problem is that IS and the other loonies can find a reasonable justification for their actions within the Quran.

I don't really understand why it's controversial whether Islam has strains of violence, tbh. It was founded by a conqueror...it makes sense that some would continue in that vein.

I don't really understand why it's controversial whether Islam is a religion of violence, tbh. It was founded by a conqueror...it's a conqueror's religion. It makes sense that it would have those characteristics...and so it does.

Moderator Action: Let's nip this one in the bud, please. Discussing violence and terrorism in an Islamic context is fine, but characterising any religion as a 'religion of violence', or arguing that followers of any religion are necessarily violent, is not acceptable.

It is actually pretty strange that what may be one of the greatest common denominators between two cultures is constantly getting sold as one of the largest difference between them.:crazyeye:

Commonalities between Islam and Christianity are definitely much larger than differences. The actual fault line between Western and Islamic worlds is imho that the first has almost universally accepted religion as secondary to secular law, while the latter... has not.

It is actually pretty strange that what may be one of the greatest common denominators between two cultures is constantly getting sold as one of the largest difference between them.:crazyeye:

Commonalities between Islam and Christianity are definitely much larger than differences. The actual fault line between Western and Islamic worlds is imho that the first has almost universally accepted religion as secondary to secular law, while the latter... has not.

Although Ottoman Empire was de jure an Islamic State, the de facto power was far from being controlled by imams. The problem is that the politics took a crazy turn in Islamic countries in 20th century. The rise of Saud, the fall of Shah and rise of Khomeini, the rise of Qutb, to quote a few.

I am not a racist i am just showing you how jihad works but the goverment just doesnt get it.. thats why we need to act.

Our goverment in europe doesnt control wich people come into europe they just accept them..

I am not a racist i am just showing you how jihad works but the goverment just doesnt get it.. thats why we need to act.

Our goverment in europe doesnt control wich people come into europe they just accept them..

Liberté, égalité, fraternité...?

Also classic "I'm not racist but...[extremely racist comment]".

Actually, this kind of dilemma has already been pointed out by Israeli people, you cannot have a greater, Jewish and democratic Israel. If you want to annex Palestine, then you cannot maintain Jewish rule, if you want to maintain Jewish rule, you have to be undemocratic.

The plead of European ultranationalist right-winger is about survival, a stand similarly taken by Vichy France regime, remember the Vichy France no longer used "Liberté, égalité, fraternité", they used slogan similar to the GOP in US.

Actually, this kind of dilemma has already been pointed out by Israeli people, you cannot have a greater, Jewish and democratic Israel. If you want to annex Palestine, then you cannot maintain Jewish rule, if you want to maintain Jewish rule, you have to be undemocratic.

The plead of European ultranationalist right-winger is about survival, a stand similarly taken by Vichy France regime, remember the Vichy France no longer used "Liberté, égalité, fraternité", they used slogan similar to the GOP in US.

Yeah. Reading about Europe is really pissing me off rn. It's legit terrifying:

French law banning "burkhinis" which are bathing suits designed to preserve modesty

They're basically rashies with leggings and hoods.

Of course in that photo that woman isn't even wearing one. She's just wearing clothes.

They're basically rashies with leggings and hoods.

Of course in that photo that woman isn't even wearing one. She's just wearing clothes.

She was still forced to take them off though. It's supposed to be, um, empowering?

Such empowering moral police.

French law banning "burkhinis" which are bathing suits designed to preserve modesty

I meant what exactly the police were talking to her about. Just posting a picture without any other context tells me nothing about the situation. For all I know, she could have just got done robbing 30 convenience stores and decided to relax on the beach for a bit after a long day of crime. I'm sure that's not the case though, but that's the problem with not providing proper context to things: people's imaginations will run wild and they will all inject their own meaning into things.

From Wiki

A filter bubble is a result of a personalized search in which a website algorithm selectively guesses what information a user would like to see based on information about the user (such as location, past click behavior and search history[1][2][3] and, as a result, users become separated from information that disagrees with their viewpoints, effectively isolating them in their own cultural or ideological bubbles. The choices made by the algorithms are not transparent. Prime examples are Google Personalized Search results and Facebook's personalized news stream.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Filter_bubble

I've made a point of "liking" stuff on Facebook that I don't agree with to keep the pool somewhat diverse.

Top Bottom