Three Superpowers

Meester

Chieftain
This was played a very long time ago but I still remember it.

I started with the English and was playing on an archipelago world. My empire consisted of around three or four long islands with two of them being close to one another (these are pretty serpent like islands) and thus I rose steadily along with no-one really bothering me.

I also decided to make an alliance with my close neighbours of Russia and it wasn't until the Egyptians declared war on me that I had real problems. As it turned out however, I had really nothing to fear as my Russian allies decided to 'help' me in my hour of need. Crushing the Egyptians was fairly easy as they had one fairly medium sized island near my lands and thus began attacking them and taking their cities. It was my surprise that the russians were also doing the same in the north (at the same time!) and I didn't want them to take too much. To cut a long story short I took the south (3 cities) and the russians took the north (2 cities). I may have bribed one city to turn to my cause.

After that for some reason the race to Alpha Centuri failed and thus there was one huge empire on that planet and the Russians and my English split Earth.

On Earth the Russians had the greater armies and land while I had more money in my coffers (I think). Of course I occasionally played to attack the Russians as I built an island city midway between my lands and theirs and importantly in range of their capital where I could send bombers at the heart of their Empire and launch helicopter/bomber/fighter carriers along with transport ships. Of course in the end I couldn't betray my allies so I always reloaded to before I attacked and in any case it would have taken a great deal to defeat them (nukes and all).

Top Bottom