Three year lurker first time signing up

Tancretus

Chieftain
Just wanted to say hi, been 'here' since early 2017.

I've read every post and comment in this forum btw.

In a way I grew to be friends with some people here I never even interacted with! I've played this game since '91 and until this forum, I never understood 'how' to play the game. I finally won on Prince few months ago ROFL

Sadly some good accounts who did great work just stopped posting; always a bummer.

Happy trails and let Civ 1 live on!

Hello and welcome! This forum is kind of slow these days but civ is a lifelong addiction and many of the players who seem to have vanished are bound to return sooner or later. I speak from experience. I used to post here with a different nick in the late '90s and early '00s, only to stop and then return a decade later as I picked up playing civ again.

Welcome, Tancretus. This forum is not so active as it was 10 or even 5 years ago. It's understandable, Civ 1 is a very old game and it's getting older and older every year. And unlike Col, it's not even possible to buy it (only on secondary market), so influx of new players is very low. On the other hand, if you have civdos, you can emulate it almost on everything these days, which is handy. Also unlike Col (which have only one so-so official 'remake'), Civ has many great continuations. But personally I like simplicity and vivid colors of original.

That's quite a feat. I myself did not.

Last edited:
Hello and welcome! This forum is kind of slow these days but civ is a lifelong addiction and many of the players who seem to have vanished are bound to return sooner or later. I speak from experience. I used to post here with a different nick in the late '90s and early '00s, only to stop and then return a decade later as I picked up playing civ again.
Thanks!

Yeah but I don't mind the slowness- easier to keep up!

welcome to the forums! :banana::cowboy::band:[party]:rockon::banana::cheers:
Ask anything you want, but Civ1 by now is a crazy place.
Always make sure to tell what version you're playing.
We're all dancing bananas down here, Georgie!

Good 'ole ver0.5

But personally I like simplicity and vivid colors of original.

That's quite a feat. I myself did not.
:+)

Last edited:

Yes, you are right. I've been away for some months, now, but now I'm slowly starting to feel the addiction building up...

Just wanted to say hi, been 'here' since early 2017.

In a way I grew to be friends with some people here I never even interacted with! I've played this game since '91 and until this forum, I never understood 'how' to play the game. I finally won on Prince few months ago ROFL

Sadly some good accounts who did great work just stopped posting; always a bummer.

Happy trails and let Civ 1 live on!

Welcome Tancretus!
It's always good to have new people coming in.

Top Bottom