1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Tides of Crimson (FANTASY MOD)

Discussion in 'Civ3 - Completed Modpacks' started by haluu, Nov 19, 2010.

1. haluu

haluu Confused Troglodyte

just the standard editor that comes with the game. =)

2. Takhisis

Takhisis april's fool

Try one of the others! (do a backup first, of course)

3. haluu

yeah i might! i'm just afraid of unknown bugs from the other editors. i know i tried a different editor a long time ago, and it caused some wierd things to happen to the mod. but i'll look around. thanks for your suggestion!

4. 7twenty

7twenty Chieftain

When are you going to post the update to extend the turn limit for your mod?

5. haluu

i'm currently working on a patch that will include 2 new races and a multitude of gameplay balances/changes. in the patch, i will include a fix that will increase the turn limit to 1000 turns (with the choice to play more turns afterwards, if you want to, of course). but the new races take a while to make, so i'm hoping to have everything done in a few months. thanks for your patience and interest! =)

6. haluu

I am proud to announce that Version 1.1 of the mod has finally been released! go to the first page of the thread for the download link! have fun! and please leave your thoughts on the new version here, so i can keep improving the mod!! =)

7. tomma

tomma Chieftain

Thanks haluu! Played your mod from v1.0 for a lot of time. Finally got through all of the races.
    Unfortunately atomicgamers is down. Could you please reupload the files?

8. haluu

thanks for your interest! i just realized recently that atomic gamer is down. i'm usually pretty busy, but i'll try to get the files uploaded onto a different website as soon as i can. thanks for your patience! =)

9. haluu

Good news guys! Version 1.2 has been released and the Full Version can be downloaded from mediafire! the link is on my signature!

10. Takhisis

Takhisis april's fool

*raises hand* That's a link to this very thread.

11. haluu

lol i know it is. its a link to the first page of the thread. just scroll down a bit to find the download link for version 1.2. =)

12. Nathiri

Nathiri Commander

Cool, I have been looking for a mod to play as I currently can download some. I was having trouble for most of the mods I looked at because most were not available.

13. Takhisis

Takhisis april's fool

Yes, I actually posted that as a placeholder while I retrieved the link and gave up after a few attempts at reloading timed out.

For lazy people: https://www.mediafire.com/?78r4kvpg5dy1tqg

14. haluu

Lol thanks! :)

15. tomma

tomma Chieftain

Wohooo! More races equals more fun. :goodjob:

bug(?) with the skaven:

the warp flamer 11att/10def/1hp

cost more than double (335 shields, 3 pop) and comes later in the tech tree but is inferior to

the rat ogre 12att/10def/3hp which costs only 150 shields, 2 pop

16. haluu

yes indeed this is a bug. i never noticed this because for some reason i forgot to add the Rat Ogre into my excel sheet that i use to balance all the units. thanks for pointing this out! i didn't want any overly strong units for the Skaven, as their use of the Rat Tanks can make them unstoppable with units that are too powerful stacked together. i think my original intention was to give the warp flamer some bombardment ability as well, thus justifying the higher cost. this will be fixed in the next version. =)

17. tomma

tomma Chieftain

Thought so.:goodjob:

To be honest, the Skaven are on the lower end of the strength scale even with their rat tanks.

as ai they are usually wiped out pretty quickly. as player (singleplayer) they are surviveable. in multiplayer it's a challenge.

but i think this "natural unbalance" of strong and weak races should be maintained! because that's make this mod also so special.

18. haluu

Thanks for your input and kind words! I will keep balancing this mod continuously, of course, and input like yours helps a lot! I may end up strength ening the Skaven slightly, but not too much. I haven't even considered multiplayer play, as i usually play against the A.I. How is your multiplayer experience with this mod?

19. tomma

tomma Chieftain

Bug with the Zorg:
    The Spawning Nest produces Mantis instead of the Larvae taking away their speciality.

20. Ozymandias

Ozymandias I saw the Great Library burn.

Problem with download:

Attached Files: