tiffani

Luckymoose

The World is Mine
tiffani

Welcome to tiffani. She is a world for you to fill with peoples of your own design and tell a collective story over the centuries. She isn't picky, but she shuns the lack of creative thought and will not be nice to those who are unoriginal outright.

To begin I will require the following template to be filled out, and I encourage cooperation with neighbors on making similar cultures so everything is icing on the cake when the machine begins to roll.

Culture/Player:
Player Nation Name:
Secondary Nation Names:
Cities: (in order of importance in the early years)
Description of Culture: (Give me a bit of everything in here. What the people look and act like, how they run their society, economy, etc. What their beliefs are and if they focus on war over building or some other comparison. You can be as detailed as you want, but for those who can't get the words on the page don't fret, if you give me enough to work with I'd be glad to help you fit in the world.)

Rules:

tiffani isn't stat heavy like most NESes. She prefers to be courted by the words of her companions rather than their calculations. Stories are important, they build history and flavor, and as such good stories will get bonuses. I will not say if I will award a bonus, or to the extremes of the bonus, but you will likely get some kind of nudge from them. For the rules that are in place here follows a simple explanation.

Stats will look like the following:

Nation/Player
Culture/Influence
Economy: Income (Treasury)(Debt)
Manpower:
Army:
Navy:
Background:

Culture and Influence: this concept is directly stolen from N3S and is quite simple. Culture defines the culture that your nation is apart of, while Influence is listed as the power your nation/culture has on surrounding nation/cultures. It allows the player to know if they are influencing others or open to influence and how to play accordingly.

Economy: another simple concept and not really defined by any real calculations. I balance the economies based on what I think is correct, I am not perfect, but what I say is usually final unless some stat error occurs. It will be a solid gold amount, minus the upkeep from your army and navy or other drain on resources. Spending isn't so closed minded but be realistic here. You can invest a few hundred gold into improving agricultural technology and this might give you returns to your income, but not always. Investing isn't always going to improve your economy so don't cry to me about it. You can bank what you don't use now and use it later or you can spend into debt, which will eventually catch up to you and cause horrible things to happen. :]

Military Prices:

3 to recruit 1 professional soldier
2 to maintain a professional soldier
0 to recruit militia
1 to maintain 5 militia
10 to build a ship
10 to maintain a ship

Roughly .25 to .5 gold are needed to support your troops if they are fighting outside of your borders, depending on the overall size of the force (bigger means slightly more costly per troop) and the terrain and quality of supply routes on the route you are traversing.

Domestic Prices:

Don't bother with small investments, if you want serious changes to your economy it will take larger chunks of change.

500g should be enough in most cases to boost your agriculture/mining/etc to aid give you small boosts to income. Larger nations will need larger investments.

Gold can be spent in smaller amounts for other things like being a narcissist and building statues of yourself or bribing people off from assassinating you. When in doubt ask me.

Manpower: this is the number of men you can feasibly support raising into soldiers, even if you have a mighty economy you might not have the men to make that large army you've always dreamed of. It will change overtime but will remain around the same level for long periods of time making sure to keep your military in check. When you demobilize your manpower goes back up. Lack of manpower for long periods will cause economic troubles.

Army and Navy: the military isn't very complex of an idea. You raise troops and march somewhere. Quality isn't going to be a stat to track in this NES, but there will be some benefits to players who have warrior societies in this aspect. When it comes down to it the stories and orders of the player will be the final quality of the military.

Background: it's yo history dawg. Or as much of it as I've decided to put in at any given moment. It sums up yo stuff mang.

Maps:

Climate:

Yellow - Desert
Orange - Semi-Arid
Pale Green - Mixed Temperate Forest
Green - Humid Temperate/Subtropics
Blue Green - Marine/Continental Europe-ish
Pale Dark Green - Temperate Deciduous Forests
Beige - Steppe
Brown - Mountainous (usually similar to the region around it, but noting the hillyness)
Light Blue - Snow Caps, etc.

Attachments

• NjaJz.png
    NjaJz.png
    8.2 KB · Views: 84
  • vTiON.png
    vTiON.png
    10.9 KB · Views: 120
Go ahead and make some claims, filling out the template. Everything in in the rules is subject to change at my whim.

Culture Name: Sheol
Religion: Animalistic Polytheism, with a bit of "Our-leader-is-god-on-earth" mixed in depending on the ruler at the time
Ideology: Defencive, cautiously trading
Economic Base: The fish in the sea, the gems in the mountains, and the crops on the banks of the river between.
Nation Names: Sheol, Shayol, Sharnol, Heol, Heoal
City Names: Lof Yfel, Singodia, Yfel, Hi Yfel, Abyis
Place Names: The LaVey River runs through the Yfel Valley, starting at the Verdun Mountains and ending in the Endless Lake.

################################################​

Nation Name: Sheol
Ruler/Player: Szandor LaVey the Great // Abaddon
Capital: Lof Yfel
Government: Council of Elders
Nation Background: Sheol is a coastal country, increasingly reliant on the bountiful harvest the sea provides. The people of Lof Yfel used to be fishermen and farmers living in small family groups and communities. Growing outside pressures from barbarians and slavers caused them to call out for a leader who could lead them in successful resistance. Such a suitable leader was Szandor LaVey. A grand figure, gifted in the way of the word as much as the sword. He united the people, and together they drove the barbarians far away from their lands. With lands secured the "nation" expanded up the river, with its numbers rapidly swelling. Now, as the community grows, with many families migrating to the relative safety of Sheol's capital Lof Yfel pressures are beginning to mount. The original city is cramped within the walls Szandor LaVey built, and beyond its safety farming families still risk raiders and brigands. Up the river several smaller nations have sprung up, and the trade flowing to Lof Yfel is the source of much wealth. This has caused Sheol to be become less xenophobic and aggressive society to outsiders.

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    27.6 KB · Views: 311
^^

I added my dot to your map, to AVOID such erroneous claims :p

Culture/Player: Norwolian / Northen Wolf
Player Nation Name: Norwol
Secondary Nation Names: Dominion Lupus
Cities: Lund, Torp, Tóftir, Ravndal, Kalbaek
Description of Culture: (Give me a bit of everything in here.
What the people look and act like

Native Norwolians are somewhat short (175cm), but with tough build. Their eyes are either green or blue and their hair is color is light yellow - sometimes even light enough to be passed off as white instead of blond.
Norwol is highly dependable of fishing, as more than 40% of food income comes from fishing. That means that more than half of the population is made up from mostly fishermen. When season makes it impossible to fish, these fishermen turn into pirates who often travel far away from home to gain some loot. Rest of the people often participate in raids, but most are busy with tending farms and like. Only men fish, so women left on shore to do hard labor on fields.

In militaristic vs peaceful behaviour, Norwolians prefer raids over full-fledged invasion - it is much easier to take someones property than work for it yourself. Raiding and pirating is held in high honor, but one must not raid his fellows - you can tell mate from a foe by looking at his hair. It is great shame to steal from someone who may be related to you.

Norwol are own many small villages near coastal areas of isles, while great trade towns/villages are built inland. Coastal villages are not best place to farm, while inlands are and often, these inland villages turn into trade hubs between countless coastal villages.

Norwolians are lazy:
if they see that room for their family is getting small they see if the can send anyone away.
If they sent some, who were not required, away and there is still not enough space, moving into new home is an option. If there is no new home and no will/need to leave home, expansion comes into mind. Other nations often tend to think on expanding home first and then sending people away. This behavior, when applied nation-wide, results in many small coastal villages. These villages are created rapidly but they grow slow. Often these coastal villages growth is dependant of central-inland trading village size - more trade means more growth for central village, that means more growth to costal villages aswell.

Central village accepts trade and people from coastal villages and send them back to coastal villages.

tiffani has been compared to a guidette, they wouldn't understand. It's a Jersey thing. :p I look forward to your cultures.

I am yellow dot green middle.

I have a feeling I'm going to enjoy courting and eventually ravaging tiffani... I feel for the first time I've actually chosen a very interesting spot where I would love to roleplay expansion through story.... can't wait to start.

Okay can I claim here?

I am the orange outlined green dot.

Culture/Player: Peradon/Lopaz
Player Nation Name: Surria
Secondary Nation Names: Sura, Sur, Amuria, Anoia, Viken, Cortha, Cora.
Cities: 1.Surria 2. Sura 3. Cortha 4. Sur 5.Cora
Description of Culture: They are tall but lightly built. They normally have brown or hazel eye coloring. Their hair ranges from light brown to dark midnight black. They are people not of tradition but of curiosity instead of turning to tradition to make themselves feel safe in a world of unknowns they turn to seeking out such unknowns to better themselves if they have the free time. Most of their time is spent farming on communal farms outside of major cities. The major cities are ruled by clans and usually everyone outside the city working on farms is part of that clan while people in the city are newcomers from other cities in this way genetic diversity is kept as when a person comes of age they move to another city to find an occupation and a wife. Farmers are one of the highest classes in Peradon society for farmers till the land directly and get a result while workers in a city or people who work with abstract concepts are considered lower for they do not work with the land or resources directly the only exception to this are teachers or scribes who work with knowledge directly. The Culture of Peradon is heavily decentralized with no one nation currently holding much power but the nation of Surria is the most dominant as it has the most teachers and scribes and will rent them out to other cities in exchange for other goods but as all cities are basically self sufficient in most areas Surria charges high prices for its scribes which is making the city richer and giving rise to a merchant class of sorts.

The green blob in the northeast shall be the Yyrgai.

Culture Soon(TM)

I probably shouldn't play but this seems like too fun to pass up. Starting on the peninsula (red dot) on the east coastline.

Culture/Player: Kirna
Player Nation Name: Ankirna
Secondary Nation Names: Same as city names
Cities: Ankirna, Sadorn, Kizi, Panurma, Saphon
Description of Culture: The City of Akirna was founded long ago on the wooded peninsula. This site for some time proved to be easily defendable. Given the location of Akrina, the people rely mostly on the sea for their food. Agriculture is limited on land given the terrain and requires much industrious labor to clear land for crops. Akirna's growth was disturbed by waves of migrants from the south whom started out raiding. Over time the city became weak and eventually fell to the steppe migrants. Once the city fell a tumultous period began in which numerous warlords fought and controlled the city. The migrations finally stablized and Akirna once again faced general stability. The culture survived by integrating those who invaded and even incorporated new elements. Many of the other cities were founded by the invaders and often would serve as their capital. Often warlords from the south would build and name a city in their honor leaving behind a series of settlements connected to the Kirnease people.

The people of Akirna are of tanned skin likely descendents of desert nomads to the south. Each city has its own god that it worships. The god of Akirna is the protector of the Akirna people. Not associated with any element or natural phenomenon. He is simply believed to be a spirit that gives men the strength to defend and fight off invaders. Loss of his favor is believed to be the reason for loss in battle. He has been known to have many names depending in the long history of Akirna. To keep things simple most people call him Ankirnasa or “Defender of Akirna”. It is believed dead men wander the world as spirits serving various gods. A spirit can become a god, if they were particularly righteous in life. To further complicate things the people of Akrina do not believe in a supreme or all powerful god(s) that created the world. Many priests and scholars have long debate the origin of things but never have reached a consensus.

The government of the Kirna culture has varied over the years. In its beginning like most states the authority was often with the last invader. Due to the constant changing of ruling classes, a strong central government failed to develop for much of its history. As the nation stablized, a monarchy system developed. A King known as Ankirne (Mortal Defender of Kirna). The title is passed through direct male heirs. If a male heir is not produced by the Akirne, the council selects a new heir. This is not without controversy and very often can lead to civil war.

I should be able to play later once this becomes somewhat more developed and I have more free time not tied up elsewhere. :)

Samiam by immaculate
Nation Name: Samian
Secondary Nation Name: Gavrilia
Cities: Please use Bulgarian names (Melnik, Shumen , Kyustendil , Silistra )
Culture: I’ll flesh this out later.

Attachments

• samiam.jpg
    samiam.jpg
    50.7 KB · Views: 919
Top Bottom