Tiles are pixilated in rainbow colors

Germint

Chieftain
Everything i have seen so far says i should be able to run the game with no problem and it launches fine and goes the main menu with no issue but when i enter any game the land titles are all miss colored and bright so i cant see anything on the land or distinguish shapes.In game actions run fine i can move units and start production and research with no lag. I have update the drivers and tried reinstalling the game. I have an Asus laptop with a I5 and gt 610m graphics card. I cant find what would be causing this any help would be greatly appreciated.

Attachments

• 20141025_003820.jpg
    20141025_003820.jpg
    512.2 KB · Views: 606
  • 20141025_003827.jpg
    20141025_003827.jpg
    528.9 KB · Views: 546
Hello, I have the same problem. I assumed the game would work on low settings on my computer since i can run Civ 5 at normal settings no problem, but when i load the game the tiles are rainbow pixilated the same way Germint describes. I can hover over the tiles to see if they have miasma and what type of tile they are, and the strategic resources are discernible as are the units on the tiles. It would be nice to know if this is a fixable problem or if i'm out of luck.

Thank you.

Germint and hje33 - Welcome to CivFanatics!

Both of you please post your DxDiag.txt file:

Hit the "Windows key" and "R", type in Dxdiag, hit enter. A menu will appear, with a save option at the right bottom. Save the file and attach it here. This provides us with essential information about your system.

Thanks for posting your DxDiag file. You have an NVIDIA GeForce 610M video card in your system, but it's not being used (an Intel embedded video card is being used). Try the following to activate the Nvidia card:

Go to Control Panel and the NVIDIA Control Panel utility. Under Manage 3D Settings, manually assign the NVIDIA card to be used with BE and then see if that helps.

Hello Petek,

Thank you for your help with this. I am attaching my DxDag file.

Thanks again.

Attachments

• DxDiag.txt
    30.6 KB · Views: 375
Hello Petek,

Thank you for your help with this. I am attaching my DxDag file.

Thanks again,
Heidi

Thanks for posting your DxDiag file. It shows that the driver for your graphics card (ATI Radeon HD 3200 Graphics) is dated 7/29/2009. You need to update it. I think that a suitable updated driver may be found on this page. Hope that helps.

I am having the same issue. Am I not able to run it? =/

Attachments

• DxDiag.txt
    37.8 KB · Views: 316
Same issue. I saw on reddit that some users have had success zooming in and waiting for textures to load, but I'd prefer not to wait too long.

Thanks in advance for helping me out with this!

Attachments

• DxDiag.txt
    27.5 KB · Views: 208
@cpayne23 & MynameisOda

You both have an Intel i5-M460, which unfortunately is too old with it's integrated graphics. The dv7 might have a dedicated GPU, though, depending on the exact model. Otherwise, time to buy some new hardware.

You also have the ATI Radeon HD 3200 Graphics, which is well below minimum spec.

This is almost certainly a Tesselation issue. Set Tesselation to "Low" and if that does not work look for other Graphical settings that could interact with Tesselation. The prime candidate here would be Anti Aliasing (AA) so make sure to disable that but check for other graphical interactions also.

You also have the ATI Radeon HD 3200 Graphics, which is well below minimum spec.

Hello,

Thanks for the clarification. I was afraid that might be the case, was just hoping i had missed something. Guess it is time to update the computer.

Thanks again.

I am having the same problem on my laptop. The game runs but its hard to see.
I updated my drivers a few days ago and increased the resolution but it hasn't helped the introduction and all the other screens load just fine.

Attachments

• DxDiag.txt
    29.8 KB · Views: 196
Hey all,

Having the same issue. Currently attempting to update my graphics drivers in the hope it helps.

Funniest thing I find is that the entire game plays perfectly - but the terrain glitches. For me it's honestly making it unplayable, which is sad as it'll be the first Civ game since Civ 2 came out I haven't played. :(

xx
Claire

Hey all,

Having the same issue. Currently attempting to update my graphics drivers in the hope it helps.

Funniest thing I find is that the entire game plays perfectly - but the terrain glitches. For me it's honestly making it unplayable, which is sad as it'll be the first Civ game since Civ 2 came out I haven't played. :(

xx
Claire

I've been having the same issues as well, updating my drivers didn't help sadly. I'm quite certain my laptop is just too old now for the game, shame really. I quite enjoyed the two hours I played even with the glitch terrain making everything hard to see :lol:

Top Bottom