Time is the issue

I did the random correction on purpose at first, but nightingale explanations made me realise why it is needed here. My bad. Revert it.

@ray, you put the correction in the price, but both the frequency and starting turn were untouched. We may need another factor for first event timing, but it can't be that much lower than for the general game.

I mean, during most of my games, the bishop and revolutionary noble triggered much earlier than I ever had the chance to afford them.

Also, I may be blind, but I did not see where you put the internal timer adjustment in the first place, to get the right frequency. I remember seeing them in some CvPlayer::CheckforXXX() function, but not in all of them.

@Barthoze:

Leave all your GameSpeed changes for DLLDiploEvents as they are now. :thumbsup:
As I said, you probably know better than myself because you actually play Marathon.

I also just checked the timers again:

They should look something like this:
(Unmodified Source File from Release 2.2)

Code:
m_iTimerPirates = GC.getTIMER_PIRATES() * GC.getGameSpeedInfo(GC.getGameINLINE().getGameSpeedType()).getTrainPercent() / 100;

But it seems that I only implemented such an adjustment for some of those DLL-Diplo-Events. :think:
(It is so long ago that I programmed these, that I can't ever recall if that was purposely or simply a mistake.)

So as I said, leave your GameSpeed changes to those DLL-Diplo-Events as they are. :thumbsup:

Revert it.

Please do that yourself. :thumbsup:
(Please also create and commit a new DLL.)

Edit:
Thanks. :)

FIXED : The founding fathers points, mostly Military and Exploration points, now scale appropriately.

Just checked.
I am fine with those changes. :thumbsup:

Marla will be a lot happier. :)

Just to make clear:
We are actually correcting Vanilla balancing issues with that.
Those issues have simply become more obvious in RaR due to size of maps and number of Founding Fathers.

Top Bottom