1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Time to go destroy the world!

Discussion in 'Civ4 - General Discussions' started by Nishdog, Sep 11, 2007.

1. Nishdog

Nishdog Isolationist Bastard

I'm playing an Earth map right now as America. Only victory condition on is conquest and I've decided it's about time to kick some butt...we're all about to see world maps in a few turns as Spock gives us his "beep...beep...beep" bit. I've been playing as a very isolationist America throughout the game. I destroyed one Aztec city recently because they were getting too close, and that's been my only military exercise so far.

I'm leading a Buddhist American state with 18% religious coverage (my guys, the Aztecs, and the Inca are Buddhist). EVERYBODY ELSE is Christian with 57% of the world following Christ (except Liz for some reason who has no State religion, despite having founded Islam)...yet somehow I've got Cristo Redentor!. Funny part is Isabella founded Christianity (probably with Meditation as I've got random religions selected), and I think Madrid is her only city.

I've decided the best way to start my crusade is to first piss them all off by conquering and razing their holy city. I'll probably slide in and build 2 Iberian cities as an initial foot-hold on their land. I would normally think the Arabian peninsula/Suez Canal area would be the best foothold for its central location, but I can't resist taking out the world's holy city...just for the fun of it and to see how many people decide to declare war on me for picking on the little guy (or gal in this case)...hehe...and then I can hide behind the mountains while I develop my first 2 cities...that's assuming the world doesn't declare war on me. I figure if they all gang up on me, I'll just raze Madrid and forgo building cities there as I'd probably lose them in battle anyways...

I'd probably then start a hit-and-run war with my marines to take out any coastal cities before moving in for the kill! As an isolationist without military conflict, I haven't put a lot of effort into building up and modernizing my army and navy yet...my navy consists of one destroyer; and a few privateers picking on the Aztec and Incan triremes (I'm playing on Warlord level so I'm REALLY ahead in tech)!

Well, I'm off to conquer the world! This should be fun...

2. meatwad4289

meatwad4289 Prince

.....You want 20 Transports. full of ground units attacking each coast. Protected by 2 destroyers and a battleship. I use to build carriers but, I rarely do so anymore, Send a sub for protection if they have the tech, also use subs to carry tacts. If the world declares war on you, you can always nuke the world. If global warming is off.. Congrats you just won.

3. Nishdog

Nishdog Isolationist Bastard

You can turn global warming off? Is that in a mod, 'cause I don't see that option? I'd surely take it if it was available to me :lol: