Time to Take Me to the Woodshed!

Snarkhunter

Prince
This started out to be a QS, but I decided to keep going with it last night. It would become my 4th monarch game, in that case. I've attached (if I did this right!) the initial start, one from about 80 turns in, and where I got to last night, about 140 turns in. It's a 60% 'pelago, using the Byzzies. The number in the saves is my own code; for my own amusement, I am going through each seed number in turn. this is seed 259, as it happens.

Unusual items: cultural flips are off. yes, I know it changes the game a bit, but it so annoyed me the first 2-3 times I played, I got mad & disabled it :lol:

The cities are basically numbered in order of founding, with few exceptions (Gemcow was third city, founded between the 2, as you might guess.), but when I got to 13 I got a little bored & whimsical & disguised them a little. Followers of recent anime/manga should know that Black Cat is 13, for example :D I doubt the others will pose much of a problem. So from the latter 2 saves, you can follow the directions I chose to expand.

Big question at the QS save: when is it time to revolution? I got the Republic slingshot about 5-7 turns prior & have been dithering. Looks to me like I need a bunch more cities plus disbanding some warriors & a massive hit on the science slider before doing this. Manageable, but when is optimum & how do you decide?

Other question: when do you start planting colonies on the other islands? they won't be defendable for a while, it seems to me, & there is plenty of land still available on this large-ish island. But if you wait, the opportunity will be gone; the AI doesn't seem to hesitate before spamming colonies right and left.

Generally: what would you do differently from the initial start? What would your plan be if you had this empire at the QS save?

The final save tells you what I did from that point. (My intermediate goal is to hit the Aztecs sometime soon-ish, & when I do, to backdoor right through the corridor into their capitol without wasting time on the other border towns.) Evaluations on progress & plans from the good players, pretty please?

TIA,
kk

Top Bottom