Tip vs Greeks

KAZUY4

Warlord
DO not try to rush him if you are not a veteran army or zulu/aztec. Is going to be a slap in the face with those Hoplite defending. Why? because Greeks start with Democracy, and that allow them to recruit Hoplite = Pikemen. Pikemen are the upgrade of archers... so is pretty easy to figure it out that some simple warriors are not going to do anything, oh yes... I forgot... you are going to give the Greek free XP.
That's why the game is balanced, if the Greeks would start without Democracy they will wipe everyone butts with those Hoplite. :lol: So, be smart if you playing against a Greek, do not let him expand to much because they became to powerful, but do not give him a chance for a free war in the ancient era :p, u can not stop a mass of Hoplite.

Note: Greeks can switch from Democracy to Despo. but if they switch they loose the bonus of gold and science, not really and smart move at the beginning.

i dont really have much of a problem against greeks as they just turtle and even if then did change govt the hoplites arnt too much of a problem as they have great defence but barely any attack.
its german armies that scare me most at the begginging of the game with the veteran upgrade

i dont really have much of a problem against greeks as they just turtle and even if then did change govt the hoplites arnt too much of a problem as they have great defence but barely any attack.
its german armies that scare me most at the begginging of the game with the veteran upgrade

Exactly, that's why is not good start a war vs the Greek or try to rush him. Just let him turtle, you can destroy him later.

Top Bottom