Tips for each civilization **Path to victory**

KAZUY4

Warlord
I'm been analyzing all the different civilization and I have some suggestions regarding the better path of victory, based in bonus and tech that each civilization has.

American: Economy, because of the 2% bonus at the beginning and the extra production during the Modern era make them very good to reach the World Bank before anyone.
Domination: Easy to understand why. 1/2 price rushing units and the bonus inf factories make America a machine creating units in no time.

Arabs: Economic, because of the 50% bonus for caravans + 2% interest on gold during the Modern era.
Domination, Mathematics for free on Medieval era make them a powerful civilization specially because the have since the beginning of the game the Fundamentalism and that + cataputs... = GG.

Aztecs: Economic, 25 gold at the beginning and 50% gold production is a huge bonus.
Domination, Heal automatically after winning a fight? Are you kidding me?.

Chinese: Technology, Knowing Writing at the beginning is a huge step forward in the technology victory, they can reach the university of oxford very fast and that could give them a advantage in tech against any other civilization.

More to come soon. ALL THIS IS IMO, so please collaborate if you have any other idea.

Egyptian: Technology, 2 trades per desert tile.
Domination, because of their advance tech they can switch to a domination victory with advance units.

England: Economic, having Monarchy unlock dye and that will give you +3 trades, very good bonus.
Domination, Naval suport doubled in modern era make them a scary opponent.

France: Cultural, all the way. Starting with a cathedral is huge, so you can start fliping cities in no time, specially vs zulus, monolians and others weak cultural civilizations. Plus you are going to receive a lot of GP because of the high level of culture.
Domination: +2 cannon attack says everything.

Germany: Domination, veterans units rulz and also the free upgrade of units without Leonardo's workshop.

Greeks: Technology, Democracy + courthouse is too good to be true.

Indian: Technology, Access to all resources since the beginning could make a big diference in a game.

Japanese: Technology, food from sea tiles is big so that can allow you to create cities in islands and see how the grown in no time. Probably the best civilization reaching this kind of victory.

Mongol: Domination, +1 cavalry speed + capturing barbarians cities can make the Mongol the strongest opponent during the Medieval era.

Romans: Cultural, Mega city + more great people in Industrial and Wonders at half cost is huge. Probably the best civilization reaching this kind of victory.
Economic/Technology, because of the Mega city advantage in early ages.

Russians: Good defense but I do not see a clear path of victory for them. Maybe they can go for any victory because of their huge defenses with Loyalty and 1/2 price of rifleman.

Spanish: Economic, Exploration gold is doubled + 50% gold production.
Domination, Gold and production bonus are a big factor rushing units.

Zulus: Economic, +50% gold production + rapid cities growth.
Domination, Overruning barbarians can make them get high levels without wasting time healing units.

How about the Japanese? The plus 1 food on sea tiles could make them great for science + growth.

EDIT: Haha Just kidding, I posted this before I saw your second post.

I know it does.......

Well if you get the Russians to modern era to get their half cost spy bonus you could spam spies and be 'that guy who always takes my money and great people' :D

Well if you get the Russians to modern era to get their half cost spy bonus you could spam spies and be 'that guy who always takes my money and great people' :D

Exactly, that's why I like the Russians vs an economic civilization, cheap rifleman protecting + ring of spies is a nice combo.

What exactly can a ring of spies do other than a regular spy?

What exactly can a ring of spies do other than a regular spy?

Usually a good player will keep a spy in base to avoid being robbed, so a spy ring will be able to beat that spy easily if is alone. Spies also are used to defend cities.

But you know how when you steal gold with a spy the spy disappears? Does that happen to the ring when they do something?

I hope there isn't an upper limit to how much you can steal "You stole 12000 gold from the Romans"

:D

I hope there isn't an upper limit to how much you can steal "You stole 12000 gold from the Romans"

:D

All depends of how much gold the opponent has and also if is a ring or a single spy.
It's funny because many people think that Russia is a weak civilization, and is not at all. They can go for any win without a problem.

Spies disappear whenever you use them. A ring is just like a normal army. However it has a much better chance of success against the defending spy.

I think there needs to be a correction with the Germans. After ancient era, elite units no longer upgrade automatically.

Yes. I will play another game to make sure but that is pretty much what I saw after playing the germans for a few games.At some point I got to industrial and my elite units were not upgrading automatically. I remember having a warrior army with two elite upgrades during the industrial era. apparently it had become elite too late in the game.

The Aztecs having a full heal after each combat is pretty sick really, won an Economic victory with them on King difficulty last night using the Mega City play (producing 1500 gold a turn), but I also had 4 of the 5 other capitals so I could have easily gone for Domination. Barbarian villages go down much quicker so you can capture more, I got three horsemen from barb huts which I turned into an army and took out Washington. To be fair the AI was pretty dumb about it, but still it was because of not having to wait two turns between the first and second attack that got me them.

And one army of an up to date defensive unit will be enough to defend your cities. Even if an enemy thrown 8 armies at you, the defensive unit will always start each fight with full health. Get the Blitz upgrade on offensive units and you will cut through the meanest city defence in no time.

If you want to play for Domination, Aztecs are a pretty good choice of Civ. :)

And one army of an up to date defensive unit will be enough to defend your cities. Even if an enemy thrown 8 armies at you, the defensive unit will always start each fight with full health. Get the Blitz upgrade on offensive units and you will cut through the meanest city defence in no time.

Granted, the aztecs are awesome. Still, with only one army as protection, you might get unlucky and lose to an attacker, even an inferior one. If throws enough of them at you, you probably even will. But they are A LOT harder to take out...

About the blitz upgrade, I'm pretty sure it only works once a turn. So you won't get an unlimited number of attacks.

KAZUY4, whats your favorite civ

mine is the Aztec, automatic heal saves at least 20 turns of attack.

that plus blitz, 2 attacks per turn, is REALLY hard to beat

KAZUY4, whats your favorite civ

mine is the Aztec, automatic heal saves at least 20 turns of attack.

that plus blitz, 2 attacks per turn, is REALLY hard to beat

Until now, Spain.

Top Bottom