TIPS in one thread.

Mozzington

Prince
Morning all,

Can anybody tell me if we have a comprehensive thread detailing all the little nifty tips, exploits in one post?

I know it would be huge but even today I still find myself finding things out that I never knew about.

Some examples of what could be included I guess to help demonstrate what I mean:

- Loan agreements with AI.

- Selling gold to AI right before DOW.

- As Elizabeth, to capitalise on the extra naval movements by building The Great Lighthouse and taking commerce.

- Making sure you manage culture to adopt rationalism at the moment it becomes a choice and not to waste a pick on another policy.

- Leave Oxford with 1 turn left to build and save it for a later / higher value technology. Combine with perhaps the 2 free techs from completing rationalism etc.

I know this information is out there but I can't seem to find it under one thread.

Thanks.

- As Elizabeth, to capitalise on the extra naval movements by building The Great Lighthouse and taking commerce.

I would stay this is generally not a good idea. Eliz is already fast at see, you should focus on getting science instead of GL. OFC it is fun to have 10 move ships, but it is not really a big difference from 8 moves.

I would stay this is generally not a good idea. Eliz is already fast at see, you should focus on getting science instead of GL. OFC it is fun to have 10 move ships, but it is not really a big difference from 8 moves.

I don't agree with either of you! GL is very important in keeping ahead, and makes your logistics SoTL's even more potent, but does wear out towards the end of game. However, the investment in getting it is too much too early. So, you're a domination civ. Find out who has it and take it from them asap. Commerce LHS is certainly a good idea though (assuming you're on a watery map of course).

+2 movement is huge. On a water map and 8-10 ships of the line you can make war with anyone and move everything to location ANYWHERE on the map in under 5 turns (usually < 3)! And when you get there, you can pound on them. With experience the ship of the line is definitely one of the most powerful units in the game - range, indirect fire and logistics = wow.

the only problem i had with the extra movement is keeping everyone together. sometimes you have an admiral or a unit that cant keep up. when you have to cross the map the slowest unit can hinder some of their true strengths.

The lack of speed with admirals is a real problem. Why didnt they make it so the admiral could be loaded onto a ship or certain ships which then become a flagship with the admiral qualities. Loading them could use them up like a GP for a holy site and if that ship sinks you lose that admiral.

As Hammer indicates, the way they are limits their value immensely.

Top Bottom