Tips on how to play as the Byzantine in this map?

forlornfire

Chieftain
I've modified the tiny earth map and tried to make the map as balanced as possible, giving each civ a monopoly on a certain good and enough space for them to settle at least 2 cities (Japan is the only one with a lack of space).

I tried to play it once but by the time I was in the early classical period I was so far behind everyone when it came to tech and policies (Japan was 10 techs ahead). The thing is, I follow the Vox Populi guide for the Byzantine and choosing Authorty really helped on other maps, but the lack of space in this one means fewer barbarians, specially close to me..

How should I proceed? Do I wait to have a religion before start conquering? Do I settle 3 cities? The idea is to invade and conquer Egypt in the classical era to get it going, but until then not sure what to do.

I'm playing epic, emperor, vox populi, no goody huts.

Map : https://imgur.com/a/XrIiLHU (I created the cities just so it's easier to visualize)

Thanks!

I've modified the tiny earth map and tried to make the map as balanced as possible, giving each civ a monopoly on a certain good and enough space for them to settle at least 2 cities (Japan is the only one with a lack of space).

I tried to play it once but by the time I was in the early classical period I was so far behind everyone when it came to tech and policies (Japan was 10 techs ahead). The thing is, I follow the Vox Populi guide for the Byzantine and choosing Authorty really helped on other maps, but the lack of space in this one means fewer barbarians, specially close to me..

How should I proceed? Do I wait to have a religion before start conquering? Do I settle 3 cities? The idea is to invade and conquer Egypt in the classical era to get it going, but until then not sure what to do.

I'm playing epic, emperor, vox populi, no goody huts.

Map : https://imgur.com/a/XrIiLHU (I created the cities just so it's easier to visualize)

Thanks!
As far as I can tell, the few people who frequent this part of the forum these days mostly play the standard game. You might have more luck with advice if you post in the Vox Populi section of the forums. I myself have never played VP, and wouldn't know where to begin with it. (Actually, as a Mac user, I don't think I would be able to play VP at all without a Windows emulator.)

As far as I can tell, the few people who frequent this part of the forum these days mostly play the standard game. You might have more luck with advice if you post in the Vox Populi section of the forums. I myself have never played VP, and wouldn't know where to begin with it. (Actually, as a Mac user, I don't think I would be able to play VP at all without a Windows emulator.)
Thanks for the heads up, I will post it in the VP section :)

I also have a mac (an old macbook air actually) and 2 years ago I decided I was done with apple products and installed windows on it, no more problems playing the games I want and that it can handle of course. VP is waaaay better than the vanilla game, it's hard to go back haha. My next computer will def be a pc

Top Bottom