Tips on Keeping Up Pace?

Jkchart

Emperor
Hey guys, it’s been awhile since I’ve played HK and I’m trying to get back into it.

Does anyone have good tips on how to keep up with tech pace BESIDES picking a culture that has collective minds/science bonuses? I'd like to not only rely on those features just to learn to keep pace with tech since getting a science culture isn’t always guaranteed. I love a lot of the science cultures though so I do like using them.

like, how do you build your cities to really max out on science and keep up with the costs and all of the other resources? Just feels overwhelming as of now, and honestly any good nation/city building tips would be helpful.

thanks!!

So, I could use a bit more context in terms of the issue you find with pace. For example, I could say working researcher slots and building science infrastructure helps, but that's fairly basic. So maybe including what you are already doing would be helpful.

For example, removing the resource requirement for swords made me pay more attention to science. Instead of happily maximizing stars in the ancient era, I had to keep an eye on when lingering put me at a disadvantage to a classical invasion. In the ancient era, I suppose this mostly means population to support researcher slots.

Are you talking about the AI outpacing your tech, or that your tech era is only progressing at half the rate of your civilization's era?

Top Bottom