1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Tired of random desert tiles.

Discussion in 'Civ4 - General Discussions' started by Sojuz, Feb 29, 2012.

1. Sojuz

Sojuz Chieftain

I've had enough of random desert tiles sabotaging my economy. Can i take them off somehow? Thanks in advice.

2. vandermerwe

vandermerwe Butt of many jokes

If you mean the random desert tiles that you get from global warming, then either (a) don't use nukes and hope others don't either; (b) win the game before anyone gets them; or (c) download and run something like K-Mod (see http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=407049) which has a more realistic and less punishing approach to global warming.

If OTOH you mean desert that's on the map from the start, then either settle elsewhere or use Worldbuilder - although to some that's cheating.

3. uat2d

uat2d ಠ_ಠ

If you're talking about global warming, just turn it off in the XML files by changing in globaldefines the globalwarmingprob from 20 to 0, if you're talking just about default desert, don't settle your cities in the middle of them.

4. Zx Zero Zx

Zx Zero Zx Deity

If you don't like global warming then don't use nukes or Coal Power.

5. Sojuz

Sojuz Chieftain

Alright i meant the global warming, thanks for replies. I was just too pissed to see that desert tile in Sweden.

6. uat2d

uat2d ಠ_ಠ

Do you need help in disabling it?

If so just go to your game folder > Assets > XML > GlobalDefines.xml and copy it to My Games > Civ4/BtS/whatever > CustomAssets > XML and paste the GlobalDefines.xml there, then open it with the notepad and find

<DefineName>GLOBAL_WARMING_PROB</DefineName>
    <iDefineIntVal>20</iDefineIntVal>

and change 20 to 0, save the file and that's it, no more random desert tiles everywhere! :)

7. Sojuz

Sojuz Chieftain

Thanks however i am about to go to bed so... i'll do that somewhen (tomorrow?) else however i appreciate help. No more annoying desert tiles appearing from no-damn-where.

8. TheMeInTeam

TheMeInTeam Top Logic

Fixed that for you :D.

9. Zx Zero Zx

Zx Zero Zx Deity

In my last 20 games I have won before I even got to Factories, so I'd say it's a good strategy. ;)