Tired of this.

Pratputajao

Warlord
This slow down issue is becoming a game killer for me.

In The first game I played slow down would come after the diplomacy screen would come up (speaking with another leader) and I would have to restart to get to a playable speed but it wasn’t so bad because the leaders pretty much kept to themselves and I didn’t bother them (ONLY because of this, otherwise I would have at least been trading tech with them.) But during my next game they (leaders) have been soliciting me constantly!! I have had to restart the game 16 times in a 4 hour session... THIS IS CRAZY! God this game would be so much more fun if I didn’t have to shut it off every 10-20 minutes so it would run at a decent speed! Is there any way to turn their (leaders) animations off? Also, it would be nice to play on a map larger than "standard", even large is painfully slow on my machine. Though that problem may have to do with my ram (even though I have the Recommended amount) I have no problems playing other game but this one- UT 04, Morrowind, smooth as can be at high graphic level. And a more complicated game such as Neverwinter nights run without a hitch, even when playing very high level characters with multiple spell effect going on. No slow down that I can detect on those? I don’t have any more recent games because, frankly, there hasn’t been a damn thing out there I want to mess with- RTS and FPS have so saturated the market that it is getting hard to find a decent game outside of those genre. Anyway that’s my rant.... I sure hope the patch can make this game what it should have been from the start. Yes, every game has a few issues at first release but this is . I have been playing Comp. Games since the late 80s and the only other game that I can remember having this many game ruining problems is Ultima 9.

Ahh, one more question- how do I get this game to run in a window? Maybe that will help... though I doubt it.

Pent4 2.6, 512 RAM, 128 Nvidia....

For me, playing standard size map or smaller keeps the slow down in check. Wonder movies may sometimes still have skipping sound, but that's just a minor annoyance. I'm sure it will be fixed, and I keep playing on smaller maps meanwhile. A terra map seemed to work fine too.

It doesn't make much sense, but simply opening up a menu (such as the civics options) and closing it fixes the slowdown for me. You could try a program that clears your memory as opposed to rebooting. I used memturbo quite a bit back when i was trying to run Morrowind on 256memory. It is rather odd that a game with 4 year old graphics takes a beast of a system to run smoothly when there's alot of stuff on the map. I have a 3.0ghz, 1gig ram, radeon 9800 pro, and get about 3fps when there's alot of stuff on the world zoom.

Get more RAM.

Try turning off your antivirus program. Also make sure that you are not running any unnecessary programs in the background.

Also, try setting your AA settings down to 2 or 0.

Also try resetting auto save to 0 in the ini. Delete all saved games but the one you are currently using. If you don't care about Hall of Fame go into the replay file and delete all the games in there. Keep it trim. Also perform clean disk 2-3 times a day. Works for me.

Heh more rams, gotta love those ram with horns! Also put a transformer in it, that gotta improve some.

I have 1 gig of ram, and have the same problem with random slowdown. No spyware/viruses to speak of, or other programs running in the background.

I have it to. It just seems to get to a point where the game gets unplayable. Freezing up for twenty seconds or so every time the map view changes. I've got a gig of ram and a 2.4 processor. 128MB video.

Saving and reloading helps for a few turns, but then it just goes back to the same choppy play.

My computer isn't top of the line, but I should be able to play a standard map with just a few civs and all of the graphics options turned down and no sound.

Top Bottom