Tis a Question Asked Many Times O'er the Eons

Mr. Hyperbole

understated cynic
I'm really sorry asking this; I've seen asked in threads many times over the year, but I only recently decided I needed this option. So of course I can no longer find the thread :rolleyes: (nor can the search function...I've looked for over two hours).

I believe that there is an "AI Patrol" listed in XML(please correct me if I'm wrong). IRC, changing that from 1 to 0, or vice versa prevents the AI from pointlessly running its units around the map. But I cannot find the listing in the files, or even where to look.

Could someone please point me to the location of that file and what number needs replacing?

Thanks! :D

I know there was such an option in Civ3. Don't know about 4...

If the AI's pointless movement around the map is bugging you, one alternative to modding the game would be to go to the options screen and turning off the 'show friendly moves' toggle. This way, the AIs will still be moving their units, but the computer won't center the screen on that nor will it animate the movement.

But you probably should never turn off the 'show enemy moves' toggle... :nono: :D

Top Bottom