'Tis the Season

Ashburnham

King
It's that time of year again (or, it was that time of year a few weeks ago for our Jewish friends). I would imagine the Demogame is going to be in a bit of a lull until January. I know I certainly won't be able to check the boards as frequently as usual, and I'd imagine most people are in the same situation. I think there was a thread on this before, but I was wondering what our plans were for the rest of the month. Elections will be coming up in a week or so, but lots of people are probably going to miss it. Is there some sort of plan to deal with this? If not, shall we make one now?

Chat-wise, it looks like we're in for a week-long break after tomorrow's Chat. I have no official info, but it looks like the lull you mentioned has already started. We even had one Governor (Zarn) resign. Elections may not look too promising, but we've had them during the Holidays before and they worked out fine (of course last year we had the Creative History Department to spark interest). It could also usher in a Term of new players to Office.

Octavian X said:
Maybe we could push the elections back a week...

Why? We've done it this way for 2 years now. Hasn't been a problem.

I believe Octavian remembers his Yuletide dinner at the Bavaria Castle. :D

Oh, the memories of so many delicious meals... :D

I don't see the problem, really. So what if we fudge the rules a little bit? If it ensures the fullest participation of citizens in our electoral process, I'm all for it.

Octavian X said:
Oh, the memories of so many delicious meals... :D

I don't see the problem, really. So what if we fudge the rules a little bit? If it ensures the fullest participation of citizens in our electoral process, I'm all for it.
its starts off with small things, first its this than something else, then the chieft justice is playing the save

As CJ for the rest of the term let me be clear, I will fight to keep the elections schedule, though I have not been around in the past I think elections should continue, if past elections are any hints we probably won't have very many contested elections, and that people should be able to stop by and vote sometime over those days.

-Mhcarver
Office of the Chief Justice

Black_Hole said:
its starts off with small things, first its this than something else, then the chieft justice is playing the save

So, my plot to cause a complete breakdown of Demogame Order has been discovered. Ah well, there's always next term. :p

All kidding aside, I don't think it's a very large gesture. For example, we've been forced using vanilla CivIII for the Democracy Game, for the sake of inclusion. Why not push back elections a little, as well, for that same sake of inclusion?

Not all of us can be here, or want to be here, during the holidays.

Top Bottom