Title Screen

Don't worry scro'!

If the lawyers come ask you to take it down, you take it down. That's been my own perspective since my mod is full of movie stuff. Personally, I love the movie and would like to see the final work.

Without any intention to commit pdma ... during my time on staff there was some fairly intense discussion on the issue of intellectual property. As I remember it the consensus was that realistically there is simply not enough staff to patrol every single thread and upload for potential problems, that if formal complaints are made by the legitimate originator then whatever is in dispute will be removed, and that ultimately each individual is responsible for what they post, upload, or link to.

That being said, and moving on to my personal opinion as an individual C&C member rather than staff ... There are the examples of Max Ernst and Marcel Duchamp as artists who made pieces using images created by others. AFAIK they have never been accused of copyright infringement. I'd place a lot of what I see people do here (as well as other modding forums) in the "fan art" category. Yours wouldn't be first or even the 20th item made available that re-purposes images. So I'd say post it, include it in a scenario, whatever. Strictly my personal opinion, but there it is.

Top Bottom